the Rift

[PRIVATE] between fire and ice

Darwin Posts: 74
World's Edge Protector atk: 5.0 | def: 8.0 | dam: 6.0
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15 hh :: 4 Years (Ages in Birdsong) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Antaa :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix Skylark
A bit of sweat had gathered on the Pegasus from the length of time he spent transformed, but it was quickly growing into small drops of icicles. Yet he watched as if unsure what to do with the little chick. Antaa began to bounce around, pushing herself out of the pieces of egg. She hopped toward him then, squawking loudly for him to hear as she tangled herself within his tail.  He craned his head underneath him, trying his best to view the chick of fire as she nestled herself within his tresses of a tail – worried that perhaps her flames might ignite him. But relief spread through Darwin at the sight of the chick enjoying the softness of his tail and not lighting him on fire.

Though as his river stone eyes watched the chick, a sound grabbed his attention. A voice and movement approached him, causing his head to jut up with a bit of a flurry. His mane danced back down onto his neck as he watched the creature appear. A Pegasus like himself, adorned with blues and whites, and snow. He watched her curiously, perhaps a sputter of his chest began with the curiosity of who this creature was and if he’d met her before. Though it didn’t appear so seeing as she introduced herself to him and he nodded almost dumbly. Distracted by her and her companion. The other zephyr bounding from his companion’s head to run to Antaa.

Thanks, I guess.” A slight chuckle escaped his lips before his eyes drifted from her to the frosty zephyr as Antaa began to squawk back to him with such an excited sound. Almost as if she were saying ‘what is this place?’ Darwin could feel the confusion that lined the corners of his mind, a feeling he couldn’t quite grasp as the concept of a companion seemed to elude him. Turning his gaze back to the mare as she spoke, his posture shifted almost as if he was some vagabond and she were some royalty – trying not to upset her in any way. Which was exactly how it appeared. She said she was a Queen, his eyes widened slightly before dipping his head gently to her. “Had I known I’d be meeting a queen today, I might have been more prepared. It’s a pleasure to meet you both.” He offered her a lopsided smile. “Ah, the World’s Edge is a gorgeous place though. I heard much of my old herd moved there when they got invaded.” He shrugged lightly, casting a glance over to Edgar as he freaked out over Antaa. She seemed equally as ecstatic, curious and wanting to get to know the creature.

Antaa was still rather small, however. She would take some getting used to with her legs and wings. She looked to Edgar with bright eyes, bouncing out from within Darwin’s tail and out into the open toward the Queen, eyes wide. She looked back to Darwin for a brief moment before she did her best to hop toward Edgar, wings flattened as if to keep her balance during her hops. Little caws escaping her beak every step.

Darwin’s ears perked to Elsa, curious of her words and what she meant by them and was struck with a realization that he hadn’t introduced himself. He shook the little icy drops from his pelt before stretching out his wings slightly, pulling them back in tightly on his back. “I’m Darwin. It’s been a very long time since I’ve been here. I left when I was a yearling.” He shrugged slightly. “I don’t have any titles, really. Though I hear my brothers are doing pretty well. Rather not see them, though, if I had to be honest.” The smile returned to his darkened lips as he tried his best to conceal a laugh. “I don’t really understand how this whole companion thing works. Do they just learn over time?” He paused briefly before a panging sensation hit his head and he glanced back to Antaa – pausing in her attempt to play with Edgar to look back at her bonded. “And what do I feed her?” He questioned with a flick of his ear in uncertainty.

"Talk."
& they said you were the crooked kind—
that you'd never have no worth,
but you were always gold to me.
image credits

@Elsa , no worries! <3

Pixel by BronzeHalo @ Deviantart

Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Darwin, without killing him.
Please tag in every post!

Messages In This Thread
between fire and ice - by Darwin - 02-03-2016, 01:21 AM
RE: between fire and ice - by Elsa - 02-08-2016, 07:38 PM
RE: between fire and ice - by Darwin - 02-10-2016, 01:45 AM
RE: between fire and ice - by Elsa - 02-10-2016, 03:02 PM
RE: between fire and ice - by Darwin - 02-10-2016, 06:59 PM