the Rift

[PRIVATE] failure finds me

Darwin Posts: 74
World's Edge Protector atk: 5.0 | def: 8.0 | dam: 6.0
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15 hh :: 4 Years (Ages in Birdsong) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Antaa :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix Skylark
Darwin’s ears flattened briefly as she shot the spears from her lips to him. Antaa felt the discomfort that had gathered within his mind, chirping to him to try and relax him some. Instead, the Pegasus frowned briefly. “I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have assumed. The Gods have always been kind to me, so I believe I was under the assumption that perhaps they did it for the better good.” His voice was calm, stone eyes watching her as he confessed his apology to her. Would the Gods have really done something so harsh? Taking creatures from their home and make them live here in Helovia as punishment? His brow furrowed in his frustration with the idea.

The Sun God had always been particularly kind to Darwin. His brother Everrs was told by Sunny himself to keep an eye on Darwin – to not allow him to be used like his mother was. It was something that stuck with him, but never quite thought about until this very instance. A small sigh passed his lips silently, thankful that the aquatic mare had continued. Antaa moved closer from her feast to the stallion, reaching his feathered legs and nibbling the fluff there to clean her beak, chirping in content and thanks to Aquila again. “I’m not sure. I’ve been doing my best to teach her. She can glide alright now, but it’s difficult. I have to be in my other form to try and teach her.” He nodded to the mare, lowering a wing to the ground for the chick.

Antaa hopped just like Edgar had taught her to do, rushing over to the long feathers that touched the sands, clamoring up the plumes to reside on his back in between his wing joints. A small feeling of content growing strong within his chest as the phoenix looked to Aquila with bright eyes, a smile residing on her lips as she snuggled into his ivory mane. He returned his wings to his sides, trying his best not to scare his friend away.

Do you have any magic?” He questioned, curiously. His eyes glinting with excitement in the hopes that perhaps she did? What if she could breathe underwater? What if she survived only on fish? What would it be like to swim all the time? Did she do it because it reminded her of home or because she could only survive near the water? The possibilities were endless and he did his best to wrap his mind around the entire ordeal, his eyes never leaving her aquatic pelt, both admiring her strength and her appearance.

"Talk."
& they said you were the crooked kind—
that you'd never have no worth,
but you were always gold to me.
image credits

@Aquila

Pixel by BronzeHalo @ Deviantart

Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Darwin, without killing him.
Please tag in every post!

Messages In This Thread
failure finds me - by Darwin - 02-08-2016, 05:23 PM
RE: failure finds me - by Aquila - 02-08-2016, 07:02 PM
RE: failure finds me - by Darwin - 02-08-2016, 10:23 PM
RE: failure finds me - by Aquila - 02-09-2016, 01:02 AM
RE: failure finds me - by Darwin - 02-09-2016, 05:50 PM
RE: failure finds me - by Aquila - 02-09-2016, 08:51 PM
RE: failure finds me - by Darwin - 02-10-2016, 03:29 AM
RE: failure finds me - by Aquila - 02-12-2016, 09:47 AM
RE: failure finds me - by Darwin - 02-13-2016, 05:47 AM
RE: failure finds me - by Aquila - 02-19-2016, 03:31 PM