the Rift

[OPEN] White Winter Hymnal

Auriel Posts: 122
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.2 Hands :: 3 (Ages Birdsong) HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
prissy
it was said that the blood of the stars
flowed in her veins
The alabaster tapestry which was the Edge showed no sign of dwindling it's threat count. Snowflakes entwined themselves within my fetlocks and clung to strands of my tail. The snow shower coated the Edge, suppressed it's mist with swirling, icy illusions. I didn't like it that much, but I knew someone who would.

The snow queen, the Icebound, my mother.

I was sure she was having a grand old time in this shit storm. I didn't want to enjoy it in the same way she did—I didn't want the dancing, the laughing, the snowmen. I didn't want the ephemeral moments to turn into to stone like memories of minutes spent freezing to see someone else happy. I was over that. But I did want to spent this snow storm with none other than her. I wanted to be held, to be warmed, and spent a snow day with her, a luxury I had missed out on as a foal.

So I sought her out, searching the Edge, the only place I knew she would be. But I couldn't find her, hear Edgar squawking or smell her scent lingering on any nearby foliage. For a moment, my hopes shot up, emblazoned by a female voice calling out. But it wasn't to me, and it wasn't my mother.

The figures I saw instead were barely ghosts against the snow, though the red was more prominent than her roan counterpart. Maybe they knew where Elsa was? I doubted it, but decided to give it a whirl anyway. I spread my wings, jumping towards them, gliding on the tumultuous breeze, barely being able to stop myself in the storm. I landed a couple paces from them, since I didn't know either and would hate to impose. I opened my mouth to ask, selfishly, if either had seen my mother, but the question soon became strangulated in my throat.

The red was a kid, a small one, a lost one. I felt an overwhelming sense of sympathy for her because, Hell, I've been there, too, kid. I looked to the roan, selflessly offering her help, and affirmed the fact that I had to as well. I glanced to my wings, ruffling them, stepping closer to the kid. I outstretched a wing, mostly to block anymore snow from obscuring my view of her, and partially to shield her some, if she would allow. "I can help, too," I offered, looking between the two, and extending a wing to the roan as well.

@d'Arcy @Dacianna hope you don't mind auri showing up ^^;
/ image
She walks in starlight in another world.
She is far away. She...she is far, far away from me.

Messages In This Thread
White Winter Hymnal - by d'Arcy - 02-20-2016, 10:00 PM
RE: White Winter Hymnal - by Dacianna - 02-29-2016, 07:46 PM
RE: White Winter Hymnal - by Auriel - 02-29-2016, 09:17 PM
RE: White Winter Hymnal - by d'Arcy - 03-06-2016, 04:10 PM
RE: White Winter Hymnal - by Dacianna - 04-06-2016, 08:37 AM