the Rift

[OPEN] Promise Not to Promise Anymore

Ilios Posts: 200
Dragon's Throat Informant atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15 :: 4 (Frostfall) HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Isabella :: Common Rougarou :: Flame Parelia
A smile touched his light lips as he watched the hazy flowers upon her cream pelt. 'I wonder what it means.' He thought vaguely to himself. Sure he had to squint to see them, but the stallion didn't mind. He would have done anything to learn what she was thinking. As the sun slowly set he gave up trying to see what was flashing along her body and focused on her face instead. Carefully he stepped closer so he could see her better. He smiled warmly as he noticed her body relax under, even at his nearness. She was wonderful, even in her silence the stallion her joy and how she got excited over little things like the sunset. She was a beacon of hope in this dark world they lived in. He watched her silently enjoying her company immensely. His own body relaxed in the quiet dusk.

As his feathers brushed her tender hide he was sure some color rose along her dished face, but he couldn't be sure. Warm spread up his wing and down his thick body sending a light shiver racing through his hide. At her nod he smiled brightly, "I'm glad you enjoy it here as much as I do. I knew you would. How could anyone resist such beautiful sunsets over the ocean?" He winked a silver eye playfully. As his handsome brow furrow he watched her wondering what she would think about his mood change.

Instead of looking scared or like she didn't care, the mare frowned and stepped closer to him. He couldn't help the soft smile that brushed his lips. At her touch his eyes fell closed as he embraced her tender muzzle and the heat that spread from the touch. He regretted the words, regretted bringing up something so stupid. How stupid was he? Seriously he had a great thing going here, and he had to ruin it. Fighting back a sigh of frustration the stallion looked into her worried eyes. 'To late now dumb ass...' Taking a deep breath he tried to rest his large head upon her dainty back.

"Back before I was born there was a horrible sickness here. It made horses go crazy and attack people. There was one safe place underground, I'll take you there one day. My parents met there and soon after the plague was cured and everyone went home. Well, I was conceived not long after in the Hidden Falls. My mother told me that the herd integrated with a band, I can't remember their name though." He paused for a moment allowing that to set in before closing his eyes and starting again. "When I was born my mother feared for me. She was scared of the members from that band. The day I was born she asked my father to leave with us. He... he refused. He picked that herd over us, so we left." His voice became choked at how easily his father had let him go. Swallowing the lump in his throat the stallion trudged on. "We lived in the World's Edge until I was two. I ended up leaving the herd. I nerve really felt like I fit there, living in my mother's shadow. So I went to see my sister, Areli, to tell her my plan. While I was there Kaj, one of the kings and a second father to me, showed up. I told them both my plan and they agreed to come with me." His story spent the stallion stood with Lani drawing strength from her. How could one mare have such an effect on him? Focusing on that question he marveled at her silent power. His ears tilted back slightly silver eyes squeezed shut trying to block out the memories. "I tried once, to make up with my father. I think he might blame my mother. Now that I'm older I understand, if only a little, why he didn't leave. It just... it hurts that he let us go so easily. I know I need to reconcile with him, but I don't know how." He sighed heavily feeling as if a great weight had been lifted from his shoulders. "Lani, thank you. I've never told anyone about my father, and I feel a lot better." He smiled softly trying to move so their chests would be touching. He longed to feel her warm skin, to draw comfort from her enjoy her gentle ways. He wanted to just be whole once in his life.
Speech
Words;; 750
OOC/Tags;; @Xolani took SOO long, but i hope it was worth it! Have a broken Ilios -_-
ilios

If you want to shine like a sun, first burn like a sun.}

You must be true to your heart..
[Image: silver_dreamer_mist_by_cantatus_promise-d8flci6.gif] [Image: mwaCGuX.gif]
Tag me

Messages In This Thread
Promise Not to Promise Anymore - by Xolani - 03-20-2016, 10:08 PM
RE: Promise Not to Promise Anymore - by Ilios - 03-21-2016, 11:33 PM
RE: Promise Not to Promise Anymore - by Xolani - 03-22-2016, 12:01 AM
RE: Promise Not to Promise Anymore - by Ilios - 04-01-2016, 12:46 AM
RE: Promise Not to Promise Anymore - by Xolani - 04-01-2016, 12:16 PM
RE: Promise Not to Promise Anymore - by Ilios - 04-12-2016, 03:29 AM
RE: Promise Not to Promise Anymore - by Xolani - 04-12-2016, 11:30 PM
RE: Promise Not to Promise Anymore - by Ilios - 04-29-2016, 01:08 AM
RE: Promise Not to Promise Anymore - by Xolani - 04-29-2016, 02:28 PM