the Rift

A place to return to (Tor, Mirage)

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit

Actions and consequences were something Mirage was still coming to grips to.

Did I ever truly believe that I would be here, Akaith, a leader, with followers loyal and devoted to my cause?

It is not only your cause. It is theirs too.

What do you mean, little one?

You helped them unlock their own potential. You gave what they already held dear more meaning more.. Purpose. They always believed in you, where you do not believe in yourself.

And yet I cannot bring myself to believe in another, to call another my leader? How do they trust us, Akaith? Why can I not trust in another to lead me?

It is not in your nature.

The conversation was, as always, a silent one, a battle of wits occurring at the speed of thought. The mare stood, a black wraith against the brilliant blue sea of the Endless Blue, the salty air buffeting her silhouette so that her long, silken tendrils of mane and tail rarely laid limp against her side. The chilly air was rejuvenating, and the mental battle that was being discussed within her very cranium gave her pause. The expression upon her façade was unreadable, a mask of stony indifference, or perhaps, concentration on the inner turmoil that churned within her.

A call, a summon, though not for her, then shattered the mental silence that was gathering about her form. The golden dragon that sat atop her withers twisted her reptilian nape about to peer towards the borders of their lands, curiosity burning within her, just as it did within the mare. Golden eyes looked to her bonded, softening slightly with fondness, before seriousness took over. A nod was given, no words were spoken, not even through their bond, as the little dragon took to the skies, and the mare engaged her illusionary cloak, to investigate the meaning behind this commotion.

"When I said I longed to meet this curious mare you described to me, Lace, I did not mean in this fashion." The journey from where the mare had stood originally and where she stood now was unimportant; just before her words were uttered, the cloak she had so easily pulled over herself dropped. The black mare, average in stature and presence, stood unassumingly before the duo, her golden eyes resting heavily upon Lace's own matching ones. She had heard snippets of their conversation, and assumed that he had chosen to call this healer here for personal reasons - which was all well and good, but not when it potentially affected the herd in such a way.

"You are no prisoner to the World's Edge, Tor." Shifting her eyes to look upon the paint now, her expression softened a touch, as she spoke the words of release to the mare. Smoothly, Mirage came to stand by Lace's side, and with a gentle firmness, she made to hold the crest of his nape between her teeth, and give him a bite that would perhaps leave a bruise, but no lasting damage; it was a reprimand, one that a said you will consult me before engaging in such folly in the future. But the mare cared too deeply about him, and trusted him too much to truly punish him, banish him, or otherwise make a fool of him. The deed was done, and she would simply deal with it and move on.

"Forgive me, Tor. I am Mirage, and this is Akaith." The golden one had been busily chittering with Fajira, hovering over the gathered, gleaming as much information as she could from the smaller white one. Mirage motioned to her dragon as she introduced her, and the little gold soon made herself a perch upon Mirage's withers to watch the proceedings. "I hoped to extend the friendship of the World's Edge to you, and had hoped that we could meet under less, forced circumstances." A meaningful glance was shot at Lace, before the mare allowed that curious shadow of a smile to curl her lips.

"Please, stay within our borders until the next snowstorm comes to pass; you will find shelter and welcoming camp fires within."

[Sorry for the late reply guys! At least I got it up now :-3 ]

Messages In This Thread
A place to return to (Tor, Mirage) - by Lace - 10-12-2012, 02:21 PM
RE: A place to return to (Tor, Mirage) - by Tor - 10-13-2012, 07:23 PM
RE: A place to return to (Tor, Mirage) - by Lace - 10-23-2012, 04:07 PM
RE: A place to return to (Tor, Mirage) - by Tor - 10-24-2012, 05:46 PM
RE: A place to return to (Tor, Mirage) - by Mirage - 11-09-2012, 10:29 PM
RE: A place to return to (Tor, Mirage) - by Tor - 11-10-2012, 10:16 AM
RE: A place to return to (Tor, Mirage) - by Lace - 11-15-2012, 10:11 AM