the Rift

[OPEN] kings and queens of the wild frontier

Castor Posts: 17
Absent Abyss
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17 h (wfg) :: Three Seasons
Laine

You know who's the absolute coolest? I mean, besides me, obviously... Vasa, that's flippin who. From the get-go she had life basically all figured out, from the standing, to the walking; I mean, I'm no slouch in the mobility department I suppose, but I'll admit, I trip sometimes.......like kind of a lot really, but only because I can't see where I'm going when I sneeze, which I also do rather a lot. When it's not the sneezing it's the trying to go too fast, Mai says it's called 'exuberant enthusiasm' but really sometimes I just get too pumped up and my kickass wings get to flapping and my body goes faster than my dumb baby feet. In any case, I'd learned to embrace the art of falling with style!

The little pools of water along the coast were helping me really step up my falling game and soon enough I was even doing it on purpose, the bigger the splash the better! Exploring with my sister was the BEST and I think we made a really good discovery team, she appreciating the minutia of each new landscape and me really taking charge of the general enjoyment and fun detection. If we had a little more freedom to wander (though I wonder how much room is really out there...) we could do some seriously epic shit, like, you don't even know! But Mai was honestly kind of a big ol' stick in the mud. Like, I love her, but now matter how hard I try to cheer her up she always seems at least a little bit sad? Or mad? Weirdly kind of both, for basically no reason.

Puddle jumping paused momentarily, I was caught up in staring at the dark clouds along what I knew to be the edge of everything. I didn't really know what a 'storm' was yet but there was something terribly exciting about them. (Just wait until I learn about lightning, booooooy howdy!) I didn't see that Mai was looking at them too, I didn't see that they were making her a bit tense (more than usual, I mean) because Vastra called my attention away on a very pressing investigatory matter.

I turned eagerly at her voice, thoughts on clouds forgotten and flopped pranced my dripping wet self over to stand next to her. "Hmm..." I pondered, peering down at the spiky red ball. It looked a bit like a cactus, in that it had pokey things, but that was about as far as the resemblance went."Virzeth havazh vindelat." I proclaimed confidently. I leaned down to sniff curiously, but apparently too far and my already sensitive nostrils were suddenly filled with water. I pulled back, a mighty sputtering sneeze disturbing the calm tidal pool and unbalancing my wobbly self enough to fall quite spectacularly on my rump.

castor(Hey!)
image credit

"Virzeth havazh vindelat" = (roughly) "Red sea-stabby thing."
I mean, basically: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXZ2b0F-ZzY
@~Vastra

Messages In This Thread
kings and queens of the wild frontier - by Vastra - 06-05-2016, 10:11 PM
RE: kings and queens of the wild frontier - by Castor - 06-10-2016, 10:41 AM