the Rift

Heal A Broken Soul || Avira

Abyss Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Abyss
"I must confess that I feel like a monster"

The warmth of the mare snuggled against his side sent arousal surging through his body. He dropped his great muzzle a bit, so he could whisper the story into her ear as she asked for him to tell it. She was beautiful, her markings, her wings, everything about her was beautiful. He felt desire, and as she asked for his story, he felt something else...was this companionship? A friendship blossoming? Could he spend time with this mare without expectations? Without breaking her trust? He found himself not wanting to harm this sweet mare. Perhaps he was vulnerable to the kindness of another today.

"I used to be great," he repeated, echoing his words previously, "A king among kings. I was young when I took my throne. My father died when I was young as did my mother. I met my queen slightly before I became king. She was beautiful." He paused a moment, cleared his throat, and continued.

"We reigned for many years, and had six children in total. Three sons, three daughters. They were beautiful." He sighed. His story, he often kept short. Just what was needed, no elaboration. It was dark enough without.

"One day, my youngest son did not come home. I later found him, stone dead, cut down in his youth as an act of war. My blood and my family screamed for revenge. My mate, gentle soul that she was, urged me to war. And so we went. Great warriors, my family and my herd was and in time we had claimed the lands of those that killed my son for our own. That was to be the end of it." Abyss sighed again, the past clouding his head.

"And so began my fall from greatness. I lusted for the land of neighboring tribes, sent my small elite forces to take them over, and if they failed, declared an outright war. Soon, my herd controlled all the lands surrounding us, but at a terrible cost. My beautiful Queen turned from me in a fit of anger, her righteousness could not justify the senseless killing and violence." The great black stallion felt a tear streak from his eye down his dark muzzle.

"Revenge is a powerful emotion. It can drive a herd to war in the name of one death, and it can draw together those that you have taken everything from. In time, those that I had drive from their lands rose to fight me, a stronger force than any I had encountered. They massacred my herd, I am the only survivor. My Queen I were captured, forced to look upon the bodies of our dead, of my children. And then, then they killed her." The stallion heaved a great sigh, to keep from breaking down right then. The wounds on his soul were old, but they twinged even so.

"I killed my guards and fled. For years I have wandered...for years I have sought to ease my broken heart on the backs of the mares I encounter. I will not lie to you Avi, my history and much of my present is stained with blood and lust." And now the question remained, would she stay beside him now that she knew the truth.

"Abyss speaks"

Messages In This Thread
Heal A Broken Soul || Avira - by Abyss - 10-31-2012, 05:53 PM
RE: Heal A Broken Soul || Avira - by Avira - 10-31-2012, 08:29 PM
RE: Heal A Broken Soul || Avira - by Abyss - 10-31-2012, 09:09 PM
RE: Heal A Broken Soul || Avira - by Avira - 10-31-2012, 09:58 PM
RE: Heal A Broken Soul || Avira - by Abyss - 10-31-2012, 10:16 PM
RE: Heal A Broken Soul || Avira - by Avira - 11-01-2012, 03:33 PM
RE: Heal A Broken Soul || Avira - by Abyss - 11-10-2012, 09:42 PM
RE: Heal A Broken Soul || Avira - by Avira - 11-11-2012, 01:39 PM