the Rift

[PRIVATE] all I can do is keep breathing

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah

She hadn’t moved, could not quite bring herself to actually dunk her thigh into the water.

It had seemed like an incredibly simple act before this moment. Now she was wondering about the little bits of sand and seaweed in the water, if the salt would even overcome these little pieces that could make the infection worse. The small owl flew around her, uttering ‘I told you so’s but unable to relax because Alysanne wasn’t moving and that meant she might follow through with this plan at any moment.

But thankfully, an interruption came!

Hemlock spotted Lena first and he hooted in delight, his joy at seeing someone else (and another healer!) strong enough to distract Alysanne too so that she turned her head just a moment before she heard the melodic voice of her friend calling out to her. “Lena!” She called back in delight, turning in the waves - forgetting her wound for a brief moment and paying for her forgetfulness dearly when the movement caused salt water to splash and wincing as the movement caused saltwater to splash into the infected tissue.

Recovering as quickly as she could, green eyes found the delightful kitsune near the shore and she called out a greeting to her as well as Hemlock flew over to give his own hello with a series of frantic hoots. He couldn’t properly convey to the pair just how happy he was to see them. “Imogen! My dears it is so good to see you!” The distraction was most welcome.

As far as the question, however, Alysanne only hesitated briefly, her tail swishing in the water behind her. “Oh, I’ve been alright.” Anything more than that would be a lie and she couldn’t bring herself to blatantly lie to Lena - it was bad enough that she was avoiding the whole truth, and she may very well get caught doing so.

She made to fold her wing back to cover the obvious wound but the movement of her feathers against the infected tissue caused her to gasp so instead she let her wing float on the surface of the water - folded close to her body but not touching the skin. And then she continued to speak as though nothing had happened, placing the smile back on her face with ease. “How about you? It’s been far too long.”

Alysanne

art by duskbeguile

@Lena
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Messages In This Thread
all I can do is keep breathing - by Alysanne - 07-09-2016, 06:07 PM
RE: all I can do is keep breathing - by Lena - 07-13-2016, 05:08 PM
RE: all I can do is keep breathing - by Alysanne - 07-16-2016, 09:23 PM
RE: all I can do is keep breathing - by Lena - 07-17-2016, 05:56 PM
RE: all I can do is keep breathing - by Alysanne - 07-20-2016, 07:13 PM
RE: all I can do is keep breathing - by Lena - 07-23-2016, 05:48 PM
RE: all I can do is keep breathing - by Alysanne - 07-25-2016, 06:03 PM
RE: all I can do is keep breathing - by Lena - 07-27-2016, 06:11 PM
RE: all I can do is keep breathing - by Alysanne - 09-17-2016, 03:31 PM
RE: all I can do is keep breathing - by Lena - 11-12-2016, 06:35 PM