the Rift

[PRIVATE] all I can do is keep breathing

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah

As with her own answer, Alysanne suspected that there was more behind Lena’s “fine” than the Songbird was willing to admit.

A moment of concern flickered through her summer-green eyes but she replaced it with a smile. How fine was Lena really? Their conversation was ghosting across the surface of the time they had spent apart and Alysanne knew it was her fault. She was standing here, a healer in the presence of a fellow healer, with a gaping, infected wound and neither of them were talking about it.

She latched onto the mention of the greenhouse and the glaziers as though it was a life raft that Lena had thrown out to her where she stood in the ocean. Her smile was warm and bright as she thought about their herds trading, how Lena would be able to grow more plants in her northern home - keep them alive and fresh for longer when they were safely out of reach of the cold winds. “Is that so? I’m glad to hear it!”

And she was, she really was.

But, then, she ran out of things to say. Try as she might she couldn’t dredge up another safe topic to skirt around the reason why she was standing in the ocean. Evading the question of how she was doing when she believed Lena knew that she had been lying was one thing - but to prattle on about the weather or their herds for longer than they had already was too big of a lie. So her green gaze travelled the distance between them when her words couldn’t.

Hemlock, frustrated with Alysanne’s small talk and the fact that Lena was playing along with it, flew away from Imogen and towards the bay unicorn - hooting his distress and trying to convey it before flying over towards Aly’s infected thigh. “Hemlock please!” Alysanne pleaded with him through her bond but there was no real effort put into it. He was asking for help on her behalf because she couldn’t find the words to bring it up herself, to explain without having been asked the mess she had gotten herself into with this quest.

Alysanne

art by duskbeguile

@Lena
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Messages In This Thread
all I can do is keep breathing - by Alysanne - 07-09-2016, 06:07 PM
RE: all I can do is keep breathing - by Lena - 07-13-2016, 05:08 PM
RE: all I can do is keep breathing - by Alysanne - 07-16-2016, 09:23 PM
RE: all I can do is keep breathing - by Lena - 07-17-2016, 05:56 PM
RE: all I can do is keep breathing - by Alysanne - 07-20-2016, 07:13 PM
RE: all I can do is keep breathing - by Lena - 07-23-2016, 05:48 PM
RE: all I can do is keep breathing - by Alysanne - 07-25-2016, 06:03 PM
RE: all I can do is keep breathing - by Lena - 07-27-2016, 06:11 PM
RE: all I can do is keep breathing - by Alysanne - 09-17-2016, 03:31 PM
RE: all I can do is keep breathing - by Lena - 11-12-2016, 06:35 PM