the Rift

[PRIVATE] long road home

Nyx Posts: 292
Deceased atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 11 HP: 72 | Buff: SWIFT
Dominus :: White Lion :: None Snow

NOW HER HAND IS RAISED, A SWORD TO PIERCE THE SUN
WITH IRON SHIELD SHE DEFENDS THE FAITHFUL, LET CHAOS BE UNDONE

At first, it seems to be going well; his 'I see' is not said harshly, and the silver's breathing begins to level out. Perhaps it'll all be okay, perhaps nothing will change...but then, as the crux of her lie is forced into the air, everything changes. He groans, and her heart sinks. She can understand his thoughts; this is a lot to ask of him. Using his life to engineer herself a lie...it was a hideous thing to do, something that she regrets daily. For all her flippancy and razor wit, she's still a living, breathing thing inside - she feels guilt, pain, fear. She feels everything.

"Perhaps... I shouldn't accompany you to the Edge." "No!" The word chokes from her before she can smother it. No. The thought of him in Helovia but not with her...it hurts more than she can ever say. "Father, please. Don't let this stop you coming with me to the Edge - it's your home as much as it is mine. Believe me when I say not a day goes by when I don't regret doing what I did. I was a fool and a coward, and you raised me better than that. Sometimes I think I should just come clean, but I can't, I'm in too deep now. You can't understand what it's like, why I did it...hell, I can't even fathom what possessed me to do it, but I never meant to hurt you. You mean the world to me." Her eyes are stinging, that's a bit strange....a single tear runs down her cheek, a little rivulet of pain. The ironheart never cries. This is concerning.

She looks away, blinking furiously to try and hide the one lonely tear. She doesn't want her father to think her weak, on top of everything else he must already believe. Her throat feels like a fist of broken glass, her eyes like sandpaper, and yet none of it comes close to the pain inside. "I said I believed you to still be alive, somewhere out there. Perhaps the man I 'followed' wasn't even you, perhaps my eyes deceived me, I saw what I wanted to see....you don't have to go along with this story. But Father, please don't leave me." Not again. The last words hang in the air like ghosts. She's lost him so many more times already - surely she cannot lose him again?

@Nato

Other characters have permission to use magic/violence against Nyx at any time.

Messages In This Thread
long road home - by Nyx - 07-11-2016, 02:34 PM
RE: long road home - by Nato - 07-13-2016, 03:08 AM
RE: long road home - by Nyx - 07-15-2016, 01:46 PM
RE: long road home - by Nato - 07-20-2016, 05:08 PM
RE: long road home - by Nyx - 07-22-2016, 04:16 PM
RE: long road home - by Nato - 07-22-2016, 05:10 PM
RE: long road home - by Nyx - 07-24-2016, 09:25 AM
RE: long road home - by Nato - 08-01-2016, 01:53 AM