the Rift

[PRIVATE] long road home

Nato Posts: 84
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 :: 13 Buff: NOVICE
Candy

"No!". Her pain filled gasp burned into his lobes as they lay back against his ink flooded crown. Iron legs shift sideways as if he was going to leave. He wanted to leave. Perhaps it would be better if the world just assumed he didn't make it. "Father, please." She pleads and his heart cringes. Never had he felt in such a way, where he wanted two things at once. He wanted to leave, to run away from this place; but then he wanted nothing more than to dwell in the Edge with his daughters at his side.

"You mean the world to me." The voice but a tremble in his mind as crimson eyes easily rested upon her worried face. Seeing what all fathers never want to see, their daughter in tears. His once disappointed expression flushed away to one of regret. He had wounded her twice in one day, physically and mentally now. How selfish had they both been in such a short amount of time? 

On the inside, he was kicking himself in the balls for being such an ass. But his collected demeanor pushed away the anger he felt. Today wasn't the time or the place to have such an attitude over something neither of them could control now. Thick neck extended with intentions of pressing his velvet muzzle to her cheek albeit apologetically. "It's alright." He spoke softly, yet a certain sternness echoed in his voice while he did his best to offer assurance. 

She continued, covering her tracks on the little fib she had made her life to be. "But Father, please don't leave me." The demons heart broke at that point. How many times has he vanished into the night for weeks, months- years? So much for that 'Father of the Year' award. Crimson pools glazed slightly, though he did not cry. Stallions do not cry, especially in front of their daughters. "I'm not leaving you Nyx." He breathed softly, crown once elevated and proud lowered slowly in apology. 

"I- I know I haven't been the best Father to you," He began, praying they were alone in the darkness of the trees; the caress of the forest canopy engulfing their conversation. "Nyx, I'm sorry.." He trailed off for a moment, ruby pools searching for her frosted eyes."And while I do not understand completely, I will comply with your wishes of secrecy." He concluded, before stepping closer a gentle grin on his lips in hopes to lighten the heartache they both still very much felt. 

"Though I am curious, daughter.." Tones laced with curiosity as he touched his maw to the side of her neck. "What happens, if your King discovers our little secret?" It was true, what kind of repercussions would follow this little pact of secrecy? After all, if he was returning to the Edge- he was sure there would be some old faces that would remember him. And somehow explaining his escape from slaughter while his.. grandchildren discovered alone.. that would never do. He may just have to put a little spin of his own, on this little white lie.

@Nyx - -el tissues-

Messages In This Thread
long road home - by Nyx - 07-11-2016, 02:34 PM
RE: long road home - by Nato - 07-13-2016, 03:08 AM
RE: long road home - by Nyx - 07-15-2016, 01:46 PM
RE: long road home - by Nato - 07-20-2016, 05:08 PM
RE: long road home - by Nyx - 07-22-2016, 04:16 PM
RE: long road home - by Nato - 07-22-2016, 05:10 PM
RE: long road home - by Nyx - 07-24-2016, 09:25 AM
RE: long road home - by Nato - 08-01-2016, 01:53 AM