the Rift

Summer's Fun, Save the Sun [Patrol]

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
people always say the most painful thing is losing the one you love in your life ... the truth is, the most painful thing is losing yourself in the process of loving someone...

I simply nodded when Romani said that she didn't know my mother well because I didn't know what to say. Me neither. She'd always been distant, always busy, always working. There weren't many times I could remember from when I was a child that she was able to just relax. Instead I grasped onto the fact that she hadn't known my father at all. "I didn't know him well." I said. "He was always in the Dragon's Throat, Momma said he was a gladiator there and that he was busy and that he was busy and couldn't see me as often as he wanted." At least that was what she had told me when I was young. As I grew up I had come to realize that he didn't see me as often as he wanted because he didn't want to tear himself away from his duties for me. Even Momma, as busy as she usually was and as distant as she was, would take time for me.

"He became Sultan in the Throat, but I think Momma had already left the Foothills when that happened." It was so long ago it was hard to keep track of the timeline, so I just shrugged my marked shoulders. The timeframe didn't matter that much to me, anyway. "After everyone was cured from the sickness the Earth God asked him to lead the Hidden Falls .... so he left the Throat for him..." But he wouldn't leae theThroat for me or Momma. "He died in the Basin. He was trying to get back to the Falls because of the invasion. There was a storm and he was flying .. and lightning ..." I frowned and shook my head because I didn't wwant the memories to come back.

"What is it that you do within the Falls, Ranjiri? I know that you aren't a warrior."

Her next question was a lifesaver. It drew me out of the thoughts of my father and back into the present. "I'm a mason." I answered, and I was quite proud of that fact. "I'm actually ... I'm pretty new to the herd. I was a crafter in the Dragon's Throat for a while with my brother, but Uncle Archi asked me to come to the Falls ... and Momma and my little brother are here." Which one would think would make it an easy decision, but it wasn't.

"There's so much work to be done." I continued. "I've only met one other mason, I have no idea if there are any others. Or if there are any helpers." I frowned to myself. "It almost seems like there's a lack of interest in building, which is so different from the Dragon's Throat." I definitely hoped that that would change and the Falls would become more ... prosperous, I guess.

"."

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
Summer's Fun, Save the Sun [Patrol] - by Romani - 07-13-2016, 12:13 PM
RE: Summer's Fun, Save the Sun [Patrol] - by Ranjiri - 07-26-2016, 03:53 PM