the Rift

Swelter [open]

Tillas Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

would you could you if really could? or would maybe could you fly away?

I, after birthing to the pretty young black filly, had quickly double-marched to Helovia's Heart, nudging along my daughter, taking care to insure I would not overwork youngling, but keeping a strong pace to get to heat, where she was less likely to die of hypothermia.

"Mother? Where are we going?" It was Edana. The little black filly was sweet, harmless, her dark blue eyes long-lashed and intriguing. I felt bad for her, running across Helovia within days of her birth, and I myself was not as fit or streamlined as I once was. In fact, I felt like dying of exhaustion, simply toppling over.

"Sorry, sweetheart. We're going to Helovia's Heart, where the winter is turned away by the heat of a very, very hot water called lava. No matter what you do, stay by my flank, and do not wander off, nor put your hooves near anything red or yellow once we reach the black." I don't think she really understood anything but the main message: do not leave my side. In fact, the curious little filly still constantly asked questions. Just as she did right after. Mom, what's that?! "Edana, that's a bird." Why don't birds have horns like you do, mom? "Very few things are lucky enough to have horns. Your father didn't have a horn either." He didn't? That's bizarre! Who was my daddy? "Daddy is a big, strong horse. He wants to protect you, but we got in an argument so you will stay with me." My voice fell silent, but Edana didn't seem to notice. What's buh-ack? "Black is the color of nighttime without any stars." So you're non-black? "No, I'm white-colored, sweetheart." But I'm a black horse! I want to look like you! "I'm sure you do." I replied, distractedly keeping an eye out for predators. We had reached the black land, where the rocks are hard underfoot and the land is hot, even in the grips of winter. Sweltering, in fact. Cautious, I kept an eye on the two wavering shapes on the other side.

I grazed for a bit, before walking over, keeping Edana close to me. I wanted to find out the news of the land. "HELLO!" Edana squealed from beside me, the little black filly bursting into a gallop across the field of rock.

"Edana!" I snap, leaping into action. I quickly catch her, slow her down, furious with my filly and annoyed.

""
"Edana"

Messages In This Thread
Swelter [open] - by Revenant - 11-03-2012, 03:10 PM
RE: Swelter [open] - by Saisands - 11-03-2012, 08:26 PM
RE: Swelter [open] - by Revenant - 11-04-2012, 10:35 AM
RE: Swelter [open] - by Saisands - 11-13-2012, 10:10 AM
RE: Swelter [open] - by Tillas - 11-13-2012, 06:17 PM