the Rift

No Harm, No Foul || Sandman

Sandman Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Sandman
The only promise I could make you is that my promise is a lie.

Still sleepy, the lady informs him of her name at last. So much for her declaration in the Threshold that she would remain forever nameless to him. Florelle. It suits her, he thinks, bright and bold and just the slightest bit exotic. Charming words flow forth, a combination of habit and rare sincerity. “A fine name, and I am glad you have chosen to reveal it to me. However, I must say I enjoyed calling you love.”

Dark eyes regard the mare, noting that she is studying him as well. Her shining sunny pelt is as he remembers it, moon colored streamers flowing, free of tangles and burrs. Truly, she is beautiful, a creature worthy of admiration. Yet, he has met other such golden faes, and he finds that he prefers the deeper shades of bay.

Just like that, memories threaten to overwhelm the stallion, rushing into his mind like uninvited guests. The scent of rain is vivid, as are the bouquets of oak and maple. Running through the trees, chasing a swift brown and black shadow, heart full of emotions he had never known before, because he had not known her.

No. Like slamming a door, he shoves the recollection away. It is too painful to be allowed the free reign it so desperately wants. Well, the memory itself isn’t cruel, he amends. It is the knowledge that such days are long since past that sends the sharp claws of loss to tear at him. Still, better to lock away thoughts of a sylvan girl, banish her shade from his presence. He hates her, but he loves her more. Damn her, he growls mentally.

Attention turns back to the dove standing before him, hoping she had not noticed his lapse in control, that she had not seen the pain crossing his features in the few moments it had taken to come back to himself.

OOC:
Acting my part
Speaking my lines
Plotting the scene

Messages In This Thread
No Harm, No Foul || Sandman - by Florelle - 11-06-2012, 06:23 PM
RE: No Harm, No Foul || Sandman - by Sandman - 11-07-2012, 07:14 PM
RE: No Harm, No Foul || Sandman - by Sandman - 11-07-2012, 11:07 PM
RE: No Harm, No Foul || Sandman - by Florelle - 11-12-2012, 04:40 PM
RE: No Harm, No Foul || Sandman - by Florelle - 11-12-2012, 04:40 PM
RE: No Harm, No Foul || Sandman - by Florelle - 11-14-2012, 11:40 PM
RE: No Harm, No Foul || Sandman - by Sandman - 11-15-2012, 01:21 AM