B A Z I L I S K
slithering
creeping
hissing
a snake!
they say
no.
i'm a giant snake.

Generally, I'm not a very social person. Or horse. I'm a snake, and snakes are solitary creatures, especially when they're surrounding by little winged horses flying around, tempting my taste for bird-horse. Neither was I particularly kind to horses. They were small and unimpressive, yet I had chosen to join one of their little niralgas... herds, I mean. Pathetic. I knew I was pathetic. Exceedingly disastrous that I had decided to live with little bird-horses. Yes, I may have promised not to eat horse-meat, but they were flitting around me like squirrels around a wolf. Tasty and unattainable. As such, I tended to sleep during the day, curling around the bloody tree like a hydra, thousand-pound coils wrapped tightly around the creaking black tree as I slept and dreamt of the Deep Abyss.

In night, I hunted. I left the herdland to the Endless Blue or the Deep Forest, where my coils rasped softly across the snow, where I struck out and sank my long white fangs into the meat of a deer, tearing it apart voraciously and delighting in the blood dripping onto the snow. Bold, bold red against white, sating my hunger for meat, allowing myself to control my need to snap up horses and eat unicorns and crunch pegasus bones. It was so tempting... so incredibly tempting when they walked in front of me. I needed to hunt them. I wanted to, how I longed for hot blood on my scales and to be feared by all these idiots, even though I was a part of them. That's the snake talking in you. Pretend to be a horse. I allow myself a snort as my coils unwind around the bark of the tree, a reverbrating thud to be heard as my body drops onto the ground, tail-tip slipping around the trunk as I land on the snowy ground.

I can see very well in the dark, excellent in fact, and my body surges swiftly over the fields of uniform white, until I see one of the tempting pegasi around here. I can always pretend it was an intruder I had to eat. So I pick up speed, slow, and my venom green eyes watch the little bird-horse eagerly.

Then I lunge forward, teeth snapping.

Messages In This Thread
night dweller [Open] - by Cassiopeia - 11-16-2012, 12:15 AM
RE: night dweller [Open] - by Bazilisk - 11-16-2012, 11:21 AM
RE: night dweller [Open] - by Bazilisk - 11-17-2012, 05:31 PM
RE: night dweller [Open] - by Cassiopeia - 11-18-2012, 05:31 PM
RE: night dweller [Open] - by Bazilisk - 11-18-2012, 07:05 PM
RE: night dweller [Open] - by Cassiopeia - 11-18-2012, 07:44 PM
RE: night dweller [Open] - by Bazilisk - 11-19-2012, 09:19 PM
RE: night dweller [Open] - by Cassiopeia - 11-21-2012, 02:55 PM
RE: night dweller [Open] - by Bazilisk - 11-21-2012, 08:27 PM
RE: night dweller [Open] - by Cassiopeia - 11-21-2012, 09:14 PM