the Rift

[PRIVATE] wicked game

Tae Posts: 133
Dragon's Throat Alchemist atk: 7.0 | def: 10 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 2 HP: 72.5 |
Mal :: Timber Wolf :: Terrorize & Hel :: Royal Hellhound :: Hellfire Odd

Tae listened silently. Grusha could be cruel and hard in moments like this, moments that seemed to want a certain amount of softeness, of understanding. But nothing that her twin said was wrong, nothing was even slightly off base. Honestly, part of Tae thought it was better this way, that their mother should hear their thoughts out of the mouth of the least articulate of the two, the one who was least likely to cut around the fat.

Besides, Tae was partially too stunned into silence to speak. And for that, she would forever be great full to Grusha for finding the words that she could not.

As the voices around her escalated, Tae's body began to wisp away as indecision bled from her bones. Like Grusha, she considered turning away as Ampere began to move towards them (though truthfully she didn't feel in the impulse quite so strongly as her twin - she'd always had a slightly better relationship with their mother than her larger counterpart had. Even so, she likely would have departed if Grusha did). As it was, the smaller of the three allowed herself to be swept up in Ampere's wing, sighing softly against the darkness that enveloped her vision. There, where no one could see her, the tears that had threatened to fall from her eyes were dried by Ampere's coat, and a small smile of relief pressed against her mother's shoulder.

Tae could almost hear her sister's warning through Ampere's body, and though she didn't nod, she full-heartedly agreed. She had felt what it was like to think she had lost Grusha for a few days, and had felt the pain of losing her mother once. She knew she couldn't bear it again, and so like Grusha, vowed to never forgive such transgressions.

Besides, goodbye only took a second. Couldn't their mother promise them that, come what may?

I suck. Sorry.  "

tae
i'm a cold day in august, i'm a stream too shallow
i'm a heart shaped box with no letter inside
Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
wicked game - by Grusha - 08-09-2016, 09:25 PM
RE: wicked game - by Ampere - 08-18-2016, 12:09 AM
RE: wicked game - by Grusha - 08-20-2016, 08:08 PM
RE: wicked game - by Ampere - 08-28-2016, 11:34 PM
RE: wicked game - by Tae - 08-31-2016, 10:15 AM
RE: wicked game - by Grusha - 09-03-2016, 08:09 PM