[PRIVATE] angel smiles drive me crazy

Cera the Golden Prince Posts: 419
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Ilaria :: Red Panda :: Heal Brit
Cera & Ilaria
And how you were so gentle with my heart
Just as you always are

Deep, booming laughter chases at Cera's heels as he bounds away, and his heart flutters to hear such a joyous sound from the mysterious man. The woes of the world fell away beneath the sound of Mercutio's mirth, and his own grinning, foolish face. Gaucho's death, Ranjiri's departure, everything just...settled. Like dust beneath a spring storm, Cera embraced the warm droplets that chased away his grief, and when he turned to spring back towards Mercutio, his soul felt infinitely lighter than it once had. Already he was growing addicted to how the handsome grullo seemed to quiet his clamorous mind. Cera didn't want to think about having to say goodbye. He had grown unexpectedly attached to Mercutio in the sparse time they'd spent together. The Prince hadn't been disappointed when the gallant stallion had proclaimed his freedoms more important, but now he found himself aching with the desire to bring the unicorn home to the southern sands with him. Stay with me, he wanted to beg. Mercutio may have been blinded and dazzled by the sunlight Cera kept within his soul, but Cera was drawn to the tethering effect Mercutio had on him. Mercutio was the earth and Cera the heavens, and each wanted to bask in the other's power. 

Cera didn't dwell on those thoughts, reveling instead in the light playing through Mercutio's eyes and the charming grin stretching across dark lips. There's nothing more dangerous than a boy with charm. But Cera didn't care, laughing as Mercutio backpedaled and tried to uselessly defend himself against the sopping wet attack Cera had sprung on him. As he cried back Cera paused, one wing rising and posing beneath his chin in playful, exaggerated thought.

"Hmmm...nope, can't remember who started it!" he grinned mischievously and went back to swiping at Mercutio, already to his knees in the water with their height difference. The chill would inevitably lead to regret if the autumn winds came through the meadow, but Cera was too warm and giddy with joy and playfulness to pay any mind to the temperature of the water. It was like drinking too much champagne, all these bubbles and butterflies in his stomach that trembled at the lilt of Mercutio's smirk. Is this a crush? Already? But Cera abandoned all thoughts of such things, focusing instead on the present as the grullo launched his own counter attack. Cera faltered, not sure if he should keep moving closer when Mercutio was holding ground, and couldn't help but smile breathlessly back at the taller creature. Waiting, eyes glinting with mischief he could not often indulge in. 

Eyes that soon widened in surprise as Mercutio went charging at him, laughing and spinning to the side to try and evade the attack. But he wasn't quite fast enough, and that solid chest connected with his own, and Cera went flailing down into the water with a shriek at the cold that swept all up along his side. He was back up on his hooves as quick as he could, dancing around to try and warm himself up. "Ahh! Cold! Cold!" he shrieked and chortled, immediately throwing himself at Mercutio to try and dunk him sideways in revenge. Either Mercutio would go down and get a taste of his own medicine, or Cera's wet body would be pressed up against him, so either way Cera didn't mind. So long as he got a nice shock to his temperature just like the Prince had. 

"You're a menace!" Cera laughed, cheeks sore with smiling and happily ignoring the slight shivers crawling through his skin. It was so worth it, and he couldn't bring himself to care. Maybe he can warm you up, Ilaria crooned suggestively from the bank where she was watching them, and Cera felt his gut twist and his face flame immediately. He glared at her for a moment, embarrassed, before turning back to Mercutio, battling down his grin to try and appear serious and somber. "There can only be one victor!" And he raised his wings faux-threateningly, mouth twitching with the desire to smile and eyes crinkling with happiness. This was worth the journey to the Threshold, the hours he was spending away from home when he should be doing his rounds. This was what living was supposed to be like, and Cera realized that he'd forgotten how do to that. How to live at all. 

Table | Image Credits
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!

Messages In This Thread
angel smiles drive me crazy - by Cera - 10-15-2016, 03:01 AM
RE: angel smiles drive me crazy - by Mercutio - 10-15-2016, 07:11 PM
RE: angel smiles drive me crazy - by Cera - 10-16-2016, 12:39 AM
RE: angel smiles drive me crazy - by Mercutio - 10-16-2016, 02:15 AM
RE: angel smiles drive me crazy - by Cera - 10-27-2016, 08:28 PM
RE: angel smiles drive me crazy - by Mercutio - 10-30-2016, 03:11 AM