the Rift

[PRIVATE] Follow [RANJIRI]

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
Ranjiri
{
"Grief never ends, but it changes. Its a passage, not a place to stay. Grief is not a sign of weakness, nor a lack of faith. It is the price of love."
There was something about Dragomir that was particularly soothing, so when he joined me as I followed behind the bird I was thankful. I knew that I was delving headfirst into the unknown and having him there with me was a little boost to my confidence. If something bad happened I was sure that he would help protect me and my unborn child. As I walked I drifted closer to him until my feathers brushed against his side. "Yeah." I agreed quietly with his comment about the bird. 

My size made it hard to move quickly through the dense forest and when the bird disappeared I was worried, at first, that I had lost it. I didn't notice the den in the ground until the wolf came out of it. My heart had leapt into my throat when I first saw it. But it didn't seem threatening. It was the eyes - the same eyes the bird had - that gave it away. 

Something else came out of the den and I looked away from the wolf to the ... egg. "Huh?" It took me a few seconds before I realized that she was trying to give it to me. I was dumbfounded and amazed. "Thank you." I whispered, because I didn't know what else to say. What did you say when someone was willingly giving their kid to you?

The egg had only just reached my hooves when a crack appeared on its surface. At first it startled me because I was sure that it couldn't possibly be hatching right then. But little pieces of shell fell away, bit by bit, and when a tiny baby snake slithered out I sucked in a sharp breath.

The feeling that washed over me was something that I can't possibly describe. I suddenly felt whole, like I had been missing a part of myself that I hadn't known had been missing. I lowered my head toward the tiny creature butted its little head against my nose, its tongue flickering in a way that was comfortably familiar. "I think I'll call you Mara."

"." 

ooc://

thank you!!!!!

Credits

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
Follow [RANJIRI] - by Random Event - 10-27-2016, 12:05 PM
RE: Follow [RANJIRI] - by Ranjiri - 10-27-2016, 12:45 PM
RE: Follow [RANJIRI] - by Dragomir - 10-29-2016, 08:39 AM
RE: Follow [RANJIRI] - by Random Event - 10-31-2016, 12:01 PM
RE: Follow [RANJIRI] - by Ranjiri - 11-07-2016, 11:05 PM
RE: Follow [RANJIRI] - by Dragomir - 11-23-2016, 10:47 AM