the Rift

[PRIVATE] beautiful scars

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd
Isopia
         in places deep with roots entwined
i live among you, well disguised
Isopia's gaze narrowed slightly as the misunderstanding was made clear. Despite her rigid use of language, for once, she didn't think her linguistic strictness was to blame. After all, barren was certainly a bizarre way of saying without wings or horns. While the word might be stretched to mean something plain, without context, Erthe could just as easily have meant someone without markings.

You are really hard to have a conversation with, did you know that?
"I have been told that in the past, yes." Isopia conceded, sounding almost mechanical in this admission. If this was perhaps meant as an insult, or as a subtle way of asking her to not be so difficult, the Mountain did not pick up on this meaning. After all, there were lots of things in life which were difficult, but rewarding. Or along the same line of thinking, plenty of things which were difficult, but not say, incorrect.

As Erthe raised another question, it became Isopia's turn to want to shake the girl or press her head against a wall. The demigoddess took a breath. How was it possible? The question was nearly unanswerable, it was so simplistic. She assumed that Erthe did not literally want to know how it was possible, given her statement about Isopia being difficult to talk to. Still, her lack of contextual clarity was something that Isopia would have liked to mention, if only to show that her difficultness was not necessarily always her fault.

"Yes. I am a tribrid; a cross between the three species. I take it that you are not asking the physical mechanics necessary to make an equine-hybrid." She began, seemingly unaware of the looks of annoyance, disdain, or whatever else might have crossed Erthe's features as she stepped farther away from the demigoddess. "Although now that I think about it, I don't think I necessarily detect a question. You seem merely surprised. Is it so surprising, really? There are three species in helovia: equines, unicorns, and pegasi. You've seen creatures who possess wings and horns - they are a hybrid of the latter two. Though there are no visible characteristics the delineate equines from equine-unicorn, or equine-pegasi pairings, why should it surprise you to know that they exist?"

Now that she thought about it, maybe Erthe was literally asking how it was possible. "My Father was a tribrid, and my mother an equine. Hybrids are rare, and tribrids even more so, due to lowered fertility rates." She concluded finally, trying to gauge Erthe's reaction to her attempt at answering her question.

Image Credits

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Messages In This Thread
beautiful scars - by Erthë - 10-26-2016, 02:33 PM
RE: beautiful scars - by Isopia - 10-31-2016, 02:50 PM
RE: beautiful scars - by Erthë - 11-01-2016, 07:42 PM
RE: beautiful scars - by Isopia - 11-01-2016, 08:35 PM
RE: beautiful scars - by Erthë - 11-01-2016, 09:35 PM
RE: beautiful scars - by Isopia - 11-01-2016, 10:05 PM
RE: beautiful scars - by Erthë - 11-01-2016, 11:56 PM
RE: beautiful scars - by Isopia - 11-12-2016, 04:04 PM
RE: beautiful scars - by Erthë - 11-12-2016, 04:33 PM