B A Z I L I S K
slithering
creeping
hissing
a snake!
they say
no.
i'm a giant snake.

White teeth slip by black feathers, only catching a few measly pieces of fluff. I snort, back up, and sure enough, the thick scent of Dragon's Throat hangs around the sparkling mare who reminds me very strongly of an embodiment of the night itself. Coils reverse as I slip back a few feet, head high, eyes sharp. Damn this snow! It mixes bizarrely with the sand, leaving sharp grains accumulating between ridged black scales. A tongue flicks from my teeth to taste the air. Sure enough, it must be Dragon's Throat. I sigh, winding into a graceful loop, toxic eyes meeting the little lady's. I can see the heat in her, but I flick back to normal vision, instead of delicate heat sensors.

I am too stupid to look up as the celestial beast gathers before, a puny dragon, but one which breathes flames of blue. I am lucky enough to have a basically impenetrable hide, yet I am not impervious to discomfort, and the wash of flames are painfully hot on me, much hotter than I normally, if ever, feel. "I'm sorry! Please, pull the dragon off me!" I hiss, snapping my teeth at the little beast with annoyance, yet careful to avoid actually hitting the glittering magic. "Deepest apologies, miss. My tongue isn't working the way it should." A red sliver flicks into the night as I taste the air again.

Another horse I can't eat.

Messages In This Thread
night dweller [Open] - by Cassiopeia - 11-16-2012, 12:15 AM
RE: night dweller [Open] - by Bazilisk - 11-16-2012, 11:21 AM
RE: night dweller [Open] - by Bazilisk - 11-17-2012, 05:31 PM
RE: night dweller [Open] - by Cassiopeia - 11-18-2012, 05:31 PM
RE: night dweller [Open] - by Bazilisk - 11-18-2012, 07:05 PM
RE: night dweller [Open] - by Cassiopeia - 11-18-2012, 07:44 PM
RE: night dweller [Open] - by Bazilisk - 11-19-2012, 09:19 PM
RE: night dweller [Open] - by Cassiopeia - 11-21-2012, 02:55 PM
RE: night dweller [Open] - by Bazilisk - 11-21-2012, 08:27 PM
RE: night dweller [Open] - by Cassiopeia - 11-21-2012, 09:14 PM