the Rift

[PRIVATE] I'm Living In A Memory

Myrrine Posts: 179
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 5.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 3 (Orangemoon) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Watermel0nBob
Myrrine

As he continued to speak, his words full of humor and an air of something she didn't understand, her face began to falter in almost horror at the realization he had misunderstood. As she was standing she began to sputter, looking to him with those wide, tear-brimmed eyes anxiously,"O-Oh no, I apologize for causing any confusion! When I was talking of company I  meant myself. Oh goodness, I certainly don't think you're messy no! You're a very handsome gentleman and I'm sure you're very clean!" Her face was burning, shuffling awkwardly as she was trying to redeem herself. So enthralled with her error, she failed to notice the obvious flirt he was placing upon her. Not to mention the fact she had so blatantly called him handsome to his face.

She wasn't lying, he was very attractive, but she certainly had no intentions of stammering that out to him in a fit of anxiety. This was not how she expected any of this to go, and she continued to flush even as he kept on in the conversation. When his answer to her initial question reached her ears she settled slightly, shyly smiling and nodding to him, no longer paying attention to the quickly receding sunset. She watched him briefly, speaking in a softer tone,"It doesn't matter how words sound. It's the meaning behind them, and obviously it still means something beautiful." She was used to being known for her butterfly wings, how they shimmered in the sunlight or how delicate they could be in the winter. They were striking, and everyone always questioned something about them. She had no problems with such things, because as she had told Mauja all those years ago; everyone was curious, and it was okay to delve into that curiosity. If only she had realized the implication she had placed in that statement that night.

As they began to move he was speaking again, and soon her own voice filled with a soft laugh, eyes starting to lose that glimmer of sorrow once present. The pain began to subside for now, and for that she was pleased. She could always use a distraction. As they approached the peak of hill she hummed quietly to herself, watching the distance for what she was seeking as she continued,"Mother always told me to be polite to anyone I meet. Everyone deserves the utmost respect, and that is what I give; Sir... Gaal." She would try to be more casual with him should he like, but deep within there would be nothing familiar with him. Each time she got close to someone she either scared them off or they pushed her away. She didn't need that kind of heartbreak anymore.

Soon they had reached her destination, and with a soft sight she leaned forward, dipping her inky muzzle into the crisp, nearly frozen stream to take a drink. She remembered this place like it was yesterday, a distant fondness in her eyes as she finally quenched her thirst. Lifting her skull and absently letting the water drip from her lips, she looked back at Gaal, taking a pause for him to finally stand at her side before finally speaking,"When I first sound this stream, I had been trying to fly for the first time. I was so tired from all my practice so I wanted to get a drink. It's an awfully nice place to rest after all. What I didn't expect though, was to find a giant stallion come lumbering in and shove his entire head into the water. He had been awfully thirsty." She giggled softly, as if there was some inside joke there that no one else could see, before taking a breath and continuing,"When he first saw me, he was terrified. Of me! I was just a little foal, not even to your shoulder. And he was easily a hand taller than you!"

"He was so terrified he couldn't speak, could only stutter. He told me to stay back. I of course listened, I didn't want him to think I would hurt him," she let her gaze grow soft, lips pursing in thought as the memory played back in her mind so clearly, like a perfectly scripted play. She let silence hang over them for a few moments, before looking back at her companion and smiling sadly, the warmth replaced with sorrow once again,"I hadn't expected to find my new best friend that day."

"Talk."
the butterfly is proof that great darkness
can create great beauty

@Graasvoel - Sorry it's so long, it would have been longer but I stopped myself cause there's only so much one can take xD No need to match!
Any force is permitted aside from death or maiming
PLEASE TAG ME IN POSTS! :3

Messages In This Thread
I'm Living In A Memory - by Myrrine - 10-30-2016, 12:36 AM
RE: I'm Living In A Memory - by Graasvoel - 11-28-2016, 10:46 PM
RE: I'm Living In A Memory - by Myrrine - 11-28-2016, 11:11 PM
RE: I'm Living In A Memory - by Graasvoel - 11-29-2016, 01:49 PM
RE: I'm Living In A Memory - by Myrrine - 11-29-2016, 05:28 PM
RE: I'm Living In A Memory - by Graasvoel - 12-04-2016, 10:58 AM
RE: I'm Living In A Memory - by Myrrine - 12-04-2016, 12:50 PM
RE: I'm Living In A Memory - by Graasvoel - 12-21-2016, 09:19 AM
RE: I'm Living In A Memory - by Myrrine - 12-23-2016, 12:24 AM