the Rift

[OPEN] Dragon's Doorstep

Areli Posts: 82
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 10 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 hh :: 3 (Birdsong) HP: 65.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Bee :: Grey Wolf :: None Shady
Areli
the flower that smells the sweetest is shy and lowly

Her question had been asked in a whisper, but her heartbeat sounded like thunder in her ears during the ensuing pause. 

Cera spoke first.

Relief flooded her body at the revelation that the gentle forger had indeed met her brother on these sands, even if he had not been present as of late. Any news regarding Ilios’ whereabouts was good news, for she knew that he wasn’t the type to leave without saying goodbye. If Cera had no knowledge of an official departure, her brother most likely still maintained ties with the desert herd. “Thank you,” she breathed, eyes shining with gratitude. “I-I’m just glad that he was here before. I’m sure he’s just been busy looking for me,” she added. The girl did not want to make excuses for her brother’s absence and the possibility that he was shirking his duties, but she assumed responsibility, at least in part, for his disappearance. Guilt over calling Ilios away from herd life to track her down was a burden much easier to shoulder than the alternative that something was wrong.

The forger soon departed with a promise to keep an eye out for her sibling, leaving Areli alone with her hulking childhood companion. Not having seen him in many seasons, she found herself feeling a little shy and short of words. Unsure of what to say, she scuffed at the sand with a front hoof and waited for him to offer advice of his own. However, his proposition caught her off guard. She had not quite known what she expected the titan to say, but an invitation to stay was not what she had anticipated. Dark lips parted slightly to let pass the shallow exhale. “Stay?” the girl asked. “Here?” She had not meant the question to be rude, careless as her impulsive reaction was. Realizing how it had sounded, she grew slightly flustered and attempted to backpedal. “Not that there’s anything wrong with here—the Throat is…it’s nice, it really is. I just…” Areli paused, golden eyes looking past Volterra to the miles of sand that stretched beyond the pair. Staying would be the logical thing to do, she supposed, and she would be foolish (not to mention terribly rude) to turn down her friend’s offer. And, a little voice prodded, he did say that it would be good to have you around. Yet it seemed odd to call anything other than the Falls home, even if only for the time being. Though she had asked him what to do, it was only when he offered a solution that she knew what she couldn't do. “…what about Bee?” she finally asked, poorly covering her silence. “I’ve left her on the other side of the channel, and I couldn’t do that to her,” she finished lamely. But it still sounded wrong.

“Honestly,” she admitted, biting her lip, “I know it makes sense to stay—and it was terribly kind of you to ask. I’m just a little desperate to go home, because I haven’t been back in ages with all of the searching, and Vol, what if he’s gone there looking for me?”  

"speech"

Image Credits || original coding by Tamme; tweaked by Shady || quote by William Wordsworth

@Volterra
[Image: areli_by_moonstone_designs-d9dgh47.png]
Icon base: Bronzehalo
Please do not tag Areli except in opening posts!

Messages In This Thread
Dragon's Doorstep - by Areli - 11-29-2016, 05:42 PM
RE: Dragon's Doorstep - by Cera - 11-29-2016, 07:16 PM
RE: Dragon's Doorstep - by Areli - 11-29-2016, 07:48 PM
RE: Dragon's Doorstep - by Volterra - 11-30-2016, 01:57 PM
RE: Dragon's Doorstep - by Areli - 12-02-2016, 09:19 PM
RE: Dragon's Doorstep - by Cera - 12-02-2016, 09:45 PM
RE: Dragon's Doorstep - by Volterra - 12-04-2016, 01:10 PM
RE: Dragon's Doorstep - by Areli - 12-06-2016, 02:44 AM
RE: Dragon's Doorstep - by Volterra - 12-10-2016, 09:05 AM