the Rift

Come, Little Lamb [Nayati, Open]

Svetlana Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

I watched worried, as she coughed, and let my eyes walk over the wound upon her white flank. Where was Poppy? Gods, I hope she was somewhere around here. This little doll needed to be healed. Right away! Immediately! No youngling should need to suffer wounds of an unfair uphill battle, and that is exactly what she was suffering from. Eyes glance around, and I take in the sight of snow and the few gnarled bushes around. Hmm. I was distracted as she asked me if they would like her, yet I pulled myself together to answer. "Yes Nayati, they like you. One second, little one, I'm going to see if I can perhaps help your wounds a bit." I give one little puff on her head, and trot a few feet away, my lips gently plucking a few leaves from the bush. Next, I scrape away at the snow, collecting a hoof-sized amount, and carry these back to Nayati.

"The snow's going to be cold, sweetheart, but I have to clean the wounds, okay? It'll feel better after, and I can tell you a story if you want." I crouch down beside her, black forelegs bending underneath me. My muzzle, wet with white powder, brushes on the soft white stuff, and I chew up the bush leaves, spitting out the poultice onto the appaloosa's shoulder. As a soldier, basic first aid had been essential to us, and I still remembered much of it, hence the leaves and the snow. The snow would clean out the wound, while the leaves would stopper the bleeding and remove infection, plus helping to stop any heat escaping through the wounds. After healing her, I curled my hindlegs under me, wrapping my body around my baby.

"Would you like to hear a story, my brave little girl?"

SVETLANA
the StormChaser

[Image: white-feather2.jpg]

Image Credit

Messages In This Thread
Come, Little Lamb [Nayati, Open] - by Svetlana - 11-19-2012, 08:43 PM
RE: Come, Little Lamb [Nayati, Open] - by Nayati - 11-19-2012, 11:31 PM
RE: Come, Little Lamb [Nayati, Open] - by Svetlana - 11-20-2012, 06:51 PM
RE: Come, Little Lamb [Nayati, Open] - by Nayati - 11-20-2012, 08:05 PM