the Rift

[PRIVATE] Problems in Paradise

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
Tembovu
“I told you why I was like that. And you still try to act like it was a choice.” His ears pinned back at her words, his own reply quick, deep, and firm—meant less in as an argument and more as a statement of fact, “Everything we do is a choice, Rex.” It felt odd, alien, to use his original pet name for her in the midst of all this anger and lashing out… a word that was tied to happiness floating like a single, white feather into a forest fire of emotions. And, just as the feather, any power that name had was singed by the angry words already exchanged.

Despite his level words, his gaze remained heated with anger as he met his siren’s narrowed, accusing stare. His eyes darted their daughter beneath his belly as Rexanna’s head lifted in defiance and she spoke of children dying. A single icy band of fear at the thought wrapped around his heart—but instead of tempering his furious flames, the cold heat only stoked them.

“You would use my—our—children against me, in this?” Was his incredulous, roaring question. He could not help his thunderous volume in the face of his disbelief with the woman he loved. “You, ’my family’, are the reason I keep the crown,” was the only stormy growl he could manage. Again, his gaze, now furious, glanced towards Safiri before he abruptly turned on his haunches and left the cave. Their daughter did not need to see anymore of this.

And, if Rexanna wanted to have any more words, she could follow him out. Otherwise, he had heard enough.

@Rexanna

Please tag Tembovu.

Messages In This Thread
Problems in Paradise - by Tembovu - 02-05-2017, 08:39 PM
RE: Problems in Paradise - by Rexanna - 02-05-2017, 09:15 PM
RE: Problems in Paradise - by Tembovu - 02-12-2017, 08:12 PM
RE: Problems in Paradise - by Rexanna - 02-12-2017, 08:38 PM
RE: Problems in Paradise - by Tembovu - 02-12-2017, 09:00 PM
RE: Problems in Paradise - by Rexanna - 02-12-2017, 09:16 PM
RE: Problems in Paradise - by Tembovu - 02-12-2017, 09:33 PM
RE: Problems in Paradise - by Rexanna - 02-12-2017, 09:56 PM
RE: Problems in Paradise - by Tembovu - 03-20-2017, 11:08 PM