the Rift

What Child Am I?

Wessex Posts: 149
Aurora Basin Haruspex atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 7.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 3 HP: 68 | Buff: NOVICE
Astor

I AM IRON AND I FORGE MYSELF

Was Wessex being petty? Yes. And the voice of her dead mother comes unbidden, reminding her of honor and compassion and the duty to protect. She grumbles to herself, eyes rolling on the inside as the great warrior queen bears down on her with eyes that she can never forget. The ‘you’re disappointing me’ eyes - the ‘I know you can do better’ appraisal in her hard, blue-gray stare.

Perhaps that is why Saiorse’s challenge goes unanswered, because she could easily lie and the child would never know - but what’s the point of that? What makes her look impressive in the moment could easily make her look shitty in several hours/days/weeks.

Her horns dip down and up as she nods in agreement, tacking on some more information. “He killed a warrior at his appearance, and we’re trying to figure out how to defeat him and his bone monster.” She makes a face then, indicating just how annoying the problem is, especially without any (as far as she knows) promising leads. Trial and error is all they’ve got at the moment, and perhaps the hope that one of their Gods will come down with some miraculous information. But she’s seen two Gods thus far - and let me tell you, Wessex ain’t impressed with the yelling and the abandonment.

Fortune favors the bold, or so it seems, when the young stallion asks if she could take him there. Her lizard-orange eyes blink several times in surprise, but the mottled mare then quickly recovers. “Of course,” she replies in easy tones. Cause duh, she’s a professional. Like, she does this all the freakin’ time?

A professional who doesn’t know anyone’s name.

“I’m Wessex,” slips out before she turns toward the Basin, in a northeasterly direction. “You are?” she inquires, and then a thoughtful pause. “Hey Throat kid - you want to come visit? I promise you won’t freeze your ass off this time of year.”

Look. It’s a legit concern for some of the southern folk - and quite frankly, Wessex doesn’t blame them. Nobody wants frostbite on their delicate bits.

W E S S E X

image credit

@Levitz
@Saoirse

I can make a post in the Basin for you if you like! That is, if Levitz isn't changing his mind XD
-- please tag in all posts! --
-- magic and force allowed, no death or permanent damage --

Messages In This Thread
What Child Am I? - by Levitz - 03-16-2017, 12:52 PM
RE: What Child Am I? - by Saoirse - 03-16-2017, 02:07 PM
RE: What Child Am I? - by Wessex - 03-16-2017, 05:45 PM
RE: What Child Am I? - by Levitz - 03-17-2017, 06:55 AM
RE: What Child Am I? - by Saoirse - 03-17-2017, 01:44 PM
RE: What Child Am I? - by Wessex - 03-18-2017, 11:09 AM
RE: What Child Am I? - by Levitz - 03-18-2017, 05:13 PM
RE: What Child Am I? - by Saoirse - 03-20-2017, 11:23 AM
RE: What Child Am I? - by Wessex - 03-20-2017, 08:15 PM