the Rift

Left Behind [Open]

Romani Posts: 205
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: 9 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Kasai :: White Tiger :: Wind Whip Sparrow
Romani

Azure eyes watched as the cinnamon spotted filly took a step towards her with obvious interest and uncertainty, and when their muzzles met Romani gently bumped hers against the youth’s, filing Nayati’s scent away in her mind with those she had previously met. She would remember this scent, of this poor youngling who so desperately needed guidance. When Nayati didn’t shy simply from their difference in size, Romani’s gentle smile grew. Perhaps, with the right molding and teaching, this filly could be quite the individual when she grew older…

The smile that had grown upon her face, however, faltered slightly when Nayati finally spoke of how she had retained such injuries. The compact mare could easily tell that whatever had happened was deeply troubling and traumatic, but what the filly revealed was horrifying. A mother chasing away her young? Immediate anger filled the Haflinger’s blood and made her want to lash out at the injustice of it all.

What kind of mother does that? She thought, shaking her head slightly, blue eyes distressed as she looked over the wounded creature before her. I should like to find this mare someday and show her what I think of her… A kick to the jaw is what she deserves, if not more.

A mother who would harm their foal like this wasn’t deserving of little Nayati’s love in the first place. Despite how much she wanted to act on the anger she felt, the palomino refrained. There would be no reason for it now, and the only thing it would do would upset Nayati further, and that Romani wouldn’t have.

“Nayati,” She murmured softly, pressing her dark muzzle gently against the filly’s once more, “Hush, little one… No, you aren’t evil. You could never be evil, or bad, or anything else your mother called you. You haven’t done anything wrong, I promise. You’re beautiful, and sweet, and wonderful.”

Here, she paused, not wanting to overstep any boundaries between her and Svetlana. The Chieftess would return, or at least Romani prayed she would, but the Haflinger didn't want Svetlana to think that she was intruding... Romani merely wanted to care for the youngling until the Stormchaser's return.

"Would you like to stay with me? I can look over you and keep you safe and warm, at least until Svetlana returns to you?"

Messages In This Thread
Left Behind [Open] - by Nayati - 11-23-2012, 07:52 PM
RE: Left Behind [Open] - by Romani - 11-23-2012, 08:11 PM
RE: Left Behind [Open] - by Nayati - 11-23-2012, 08:26 PM
RE: Left Behind [Open] - by Romani - 11-23-2012, 09:30 PM
RE: Left Behind [Open] - by Nayati - 11-23-2012, 11:25 PM
RE: Left Behind [Open] - by Romani - 11-24-2012, 08:55 AM
RE: Left Behind [Open] - by Nayati - 11-24-2012, 05:29 PM
RE: Left Behind [Open] - by Romani - 11-25-2012, 12:27 PM
RE: Left Behind [Open] - by Nayati - 11-25-2012, 06:48 PM
RE: Left Behind [Open] - by Romani - 11-26-2012, 07:29 PM
RE: Left Behind [Open] - by Nayati - 12-01-2012, 09:34 PM