the Rift

[PRIVATE] Dragons in the Moonlight

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
The Seer of her land, her 'mentor' of sorts, seemed to come alive from the stone that encased her, and Amaris' mind was awhirl with questions and curiosities - how was this possible? When she became stone, did it hurt? Did it hurt to shake it off, to return to 'normal'? Was it some kind of hibernation, was she still conscious when the stone crept up and over her?

Was it just stone that did this to the daughter of the Earth, or all things?

The daughter of the Earth God, Amaris had reminded herself, and suddenly the bizarreness of her Seer seemingly becoming reanimated from the stony cliff's edge of their herdland seemed less so, if anything, now it seemed expected.

The dragonmare was well practiced at guarding her features from the torrent of thoughts that ran through her mind, and so she schooled herself to remain apologetic in posture only, hearing the Mountain's words, I wasn't sleeping. Amaris could only make to apologise again then, for disturbing the great mare's silent ruminations, but held her tongue, not sensing any grumpiness or sharpness in her tones and so hoping, guessing, praying that this was how Earth-child went about forgiving others.

Her dragons danced and swirled around them still, their song rowing quieter as the melody within Amaris' heart and mind quietened - they could not come up with the song themselves, and so relied upon their summoner to construct it for them. They were, essentially, instruments that Amaris played all at once to construct the song, and with her mind distracted and her heart nervously beating within her chest, they faltered and grew more silent, instead beginning to divert on their path and float and drift around much like the spiritual beings they were.

The Mountain enquired about them, as many often did, and Amaris clung to opportunity to move on from her blunder, her embarrassment, more than delighted to placate her Seer's abject curiosity.

"Biologically? No," Amaris answered, adopting a tone and manner similar to the academic, professorial tone Isopia had when they had met by chance at the Endless Blue that fine summer's day. "They are spirits, souls of dragons passed on from this plane. My magic summons them back to this plane for a time." She didn’t know how much details the Mountain expected, but wagered a guess that being the academic creature she certainly was, the Seer would listen to all Amaris had to say.

"I feel them within me much like Dramyrth - before I bonded to him, I held on to them almost constantly. They were my friends, they taught me much, guided me through many periods of my life." At this, one white light drifted nearer to her, and she allowed a smile to curve her lips as its soft light illuminated the space between dragonmare and mountainmare. "They can also breath quite real dragonfire whenever they feel so inclined," she added, not sure what else to say about them, not sure whether her explanation was sufficient - she awaited further prompting from her Seer, perhaps a comment or a judgement, her eyes peering up into the taller mare's, quietly expectant, yet simultaneously nervous that she had overstepped some invisible boundary.

Ooc: @Isopia
Amaris
drákos istoría
theartlex | larfsalot
on deviantart
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Messages In This Thread
Dragons in the Moonlight - by Isopia - 04-28-2017, 10:23 AM
RE: Dragons in the Moonlight - by Amaris - 05-02-2017, 07:54 AM
RE: Dragons in the Moonlight - by Isopia - 05-02-2017, 03:27 PM
RE: Dragons in the Moonlight - by Amaris - 05-03-2017, 06:53 AM
RE: Dragons in the Moonlight - by Isopia - 05-11-2017, 12:46 PM
RE: Dragons in the Moonlight - by Amaris - 05-12-2017, 11:28 PM