the Rift

[PRIVATE] I hope this can help... [ Yael]

Yael Posts: 186
World's Edge Seer atk: 7.5 | def: 11 | dam: 2.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.2 :: 39 - appears 8 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zani :: Serval :: None Astor
Unsure of what the Specter wishes to talk about, the Sage is further caught aback when it turns out to be her performance in the herd. She is speechless for a moment, only because it felt like she’d been working in the shadows for awhile, unsure if anyone appreciated the work she’d been putting in or not. Gods, it seemed to take forever to make friends here, forever for her to be able to function with grief worn as an adornment instead of ball and chains. But when she could, she threw herself into work in order to steadfastly avoid certain feelings, knowing full well that it is easier to quell a rebellious mind when one’s body is on the edge of exhaustion. Everything still hurts and her heart still lives in another, dancing with ghosts in romantic dreams, but a sense of purpose gives her some fulfillment. She rises, as she’s always done.

Yael’s mouth drops open a little bit - Tembovu had asked the same question of her last season, but their conversation had been interrupted before she could tell him the truth of her trials and tribulations. Her opinion has changed since then, of course… so she blurts out an unfiltered reply. “Eet took avile, but I am finding eet much more to my likeeng now… ah, eef I am to be ‘onest.” Starting anew is always hard, even harder with such a fall from rank, power, and grace. She has no doubt that Xelovia holds many former members of royal families, many who find adjusting to a life on the fringes rather difficult.

There is no shame, she thinks, in admitting she had troubles earlier. Everyone does. She is only mortal now, after all. “I am steel vorkeeng on some ah, personal t’ings, but am very glad to be keepeeng busy.” Anyone can relate to that, surely. Normally observant eyes hadn’t noticed her companion disappearing but here he comes again, this time bearing a decent blanket on his back. As Raeden begins to explain why the cerndyr has the cloth, Yael feels an immense twinge in her chest, a tightness that comes when her emotions rise to such great heights that it seems hard to breathe. “Oh! Xow deed you know? I xaf leeved een a desert all my life… t’is ees... “ Tears threaten to overwhelm her eyes as gratitude wells up from some neverending pool of goodwill nestled deep in her breast. “Raeden, you don’t know xow much t’is means to me, eet ees silly but…”

Gifts are so rare in Yael’s life - she always seems to be the one giving, which she doesn’t mind, but so rarely does such a little thing strike this kind of chord in her. Black-tipped wings unfurl as she steps towards the pregnant unicorn, pulling Raeden into a hug in order to stop her own babbling. It is the perfect gift. “Eet ees eksactly vhat I needed. T’ank you…”

Yael

a lover of the light

@Raeden

Please only tag in starter posts, or if the thread is getting dusty
Force and magic allowed, no death please

Messages In This Thread
I hope this can help... [ Yael] - by Raeden - 04-21-2017, 11:02 PM
RE: I hope this can help... [ Yael] - by Yael - 04-27-2017, 04:27 PM
RE: I hope this can help... [ Yael] - by Raeden - 05-05-2017, 04:01 PM
RE: I hope this can help... [ Yael] - by Yael - 05-07-2017, 11:17 AM
RE: I hope this can help... [ Yael] - by Raeden - 05-24-2017, 03:15 PM
RE: I hope this can help... [ Yael] - by Yael - 06-08-2017, 12:09 PM