the Rift

[PRIVATE] bonfire hearts

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow

V O L T E R R A
HE SAYS "OH BABY GIRL, DON'T GET CUT ON MY EDGES
I'M THE KING OF EVERYTHING AND MY TONGUE IS A WEAPON"

The red dragon waves a paw at Hubris, even as Babel's less-than-friendly reaction sends him reeling away with his mind pulsing with displeasure. Vérzés normally challenges dragons of a superior scale colour to prove that one's hue and size doesn't necessarily equate to strength, but on this occasion he chooses his battles wisely. It's best not to risk causing conflict between Volterra and Isopia again when they've barely repaired the damage from their previous disagreement, so the red allows himself to be dominated by the young male gold and flutters meekly away to a tree branch a good distance away from Babel's, refusing to quite meet the other dragon's eyes in a gesture of respect.

Vadir, in contrast, flashes Babel a toothy smile, ensuring she keeps her body language as indifferent as possible so as to appear aloof and uncaring even as she burns with glee inside. Having recently encountered Dramyrth's irritating unwillingness to submit, she appreciates Babel's behaviour all the more, and approval floats from her nostrils in a smoke cloud as she glides idly around in circles up ahead. Best not to seem too keen...she is a queen, after all.

Volterra is oblivious to the draconic politics occurring inside his head. He's more concerned with keeping as close to Isopia as he possibly can, running his eyes over her swollen sides so he can commit the sight to memory forever. Her confirmation of gladness makes him sag with relief - he had truly feared that this isn't something she wants, due to how her previous pregnancy ended. The grief for his unborn son is still strong inside the mammoth's heart, so he can hardly imagine how Isopia must be feeling. Perhaps, though, this child will help to heal some of the scars left from the last time, not that Volterra thinks this new foal will replace their first son in any way. It can only be good for the Mountain to have a living, healthy foal to remind her that motherhood does not always equal pain, heartache and a pile of rocks in a clearing.

Twins, though...His interest is piqued further, and he steps away to scrutinise her sides even more closely. "I was, yes. I've only sired one set of twins myself, though, so maybe the gene is not as active within me." He frowns slightly, not wishing to give up the idea of twins when it's so freshly entered his mind. Now he thinks of it, given his own status of being a twin and the large number of them in his immediate family, it does seem rather odd that he's not fathered more sets of them. He isn't one to complain, though - if every mother of one of his children had borne twins to add to Kid and Sabre, he'd have a grand total of sixteen offspring already, which might well have sent Isopia fleeing for the hills when he told her.

The beast's eyes dart between the Mountain next to him and the lava-golem standing inoffensively nearby, sending waves of welcome heat across them. "Would you consider joining me in the Dragon's Throat, kis hollo? I am a selfish man....I want you and our child - or children - as close to me as possible." So I can be the father and lover that I wasn't last time. So I can ensure we don't repeat the same mistakes again. So that this child will grow up knowing it's more loved than it can possibly imagine.

image credits

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Messages In This Thread
bonfire hearts - by Volterra - 05-22-2017, 02:04 PM
RE: bonfire hearts - by Isopia - 05-23-2017, 03:38 PM
RE: bonfire hearts - by Volterra - 05-23-2017, 04:16 PM
RE: bonfire hearts - by Isopia - 05-23-2017, 07:53 PM
RE: bonfire hearts - by Volterra - 05-24-2017, 01:33 PM
RE: bonfire hearts - by Isopia - 05-24-2017, 02:30 PM
RE: bonfire hearts - by Volterra - 05-25-2017, 12:35 PM
RE: bonfire hearts - by Isopia - 05-25-2017, 12:58 PM
RE: bonfire hearts - by Volterra - 05-25-2017, 02:30 PM
RE: bonfire hearts - by Isopia - 05-25-2017, 02:38 PM