the Rift

Left Behind [Open]

Romani Posts: 205
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: 9 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Kasai :: White Tiger :: Wind Whip Sparrow
Romani

The Haflinger watched with curious gentleness as the little filly seemed to ponder the words she had spoken, satisfaction rippling down her spine when the youth seemed to believe her. Being through as much as Nayati had, the palomino had been worried that perhaps she wouldn’t believe her. The affection Nayati suddenly displayed, rubbing her smaller cheek against Romani’s red, larger one, caused her smile to broaden and her heart to melt. Lowering her head in some semblance of a nod, white forelock falling over her azure gaze, she spoke.

“You are more than welcome to stay with me, dear heart,” Romani whispered tenderly, the affectionate endearment falling from her lips with little thought, “I will stay with you until our Lana returns, and even when that happens, I will always be around if you need me.”

This helpless little thing, so tiny and fragile, kindled something deep within the ruby mare. She would defend Nayati until Svetlana’s return, but then what? Yes, she would always be Nayati’s friend after this, but… Was there more, perhaps, that she could to do defend Nayati? Or the herd, even? That was a question for another time, when she could sit and focus on it entirely. For now, a cinnamon peppered foal required her full attention.

Deciding she would try and take Nayati’s mind off of the horrid things she had endured, Romani ever so slowly settled herself down onto the ground, legs tucked up close to her body and ears perked forward. Gazing into the mahogany depths of the filly before her, Romani motioned with her muzzle for the babe to lay beside her, if she so wished.

“Would you like to lay, dear heart? I imagine you’re tired, and you should rest…”

[OOC: Sorry, it’s not one of my better posts… xD ]

table by tempest @ sordid secrets

Messages In This Thread
Left Behind [Open] - by Nayati - 11-23-2012, 07:52 PM
RE: Left Behind [Open] - by Romani - 11-23-2012, 08:11 PM
RE: Left Behind [Open] - by Nayati - 11-23-2012, 08:26 PM
RE: Left Behind [Open] - by Romani - 11-23-2012, 09:30 PM
RE: Left Behind [Open] - by Nayati - 11-23-2012, 11:25 PM
RE: Left Behind [Open] - by Romani - 11-24-2012, 08:55 AM
RE: Left Behind [Open] - by Nayati - 11-24-2012, 05:29 PM
RE: Left Behind [Open] - by Romani - 11-25-2012, 12:27 PM
RE: Left Behind [Open] - by Nayati - 11-25-2012, 06:48 PM