the Rift

[OPEN] You might Glitter, but I am Gold

Safiri Posts: 18
World's Edge Filly
Filly :: Unicorn :: 14hh :: 6 months
Haki :: African Wild Dog :: Paralyze dark
safiri

She nods her head gradually, fighting through fatigue to draw up the image of her mother's dazzling golden chains draped over her gilded hide, brow twitching to think of her now - was she worried for Safiri's safety? Where was her father? The thoughts are flickering, looming over the lamb, casting down stretched shadows that prod at her weary mind. She is biting her lip and letting the air leave her lungs as quickly as it comes, head light and lids heavy as she stares down at the ground in guilt, shoulders slouching from fatigue and the weight of knowing she may have lost everything. Safiri tries her best to brush it off, but it's evident in the way her voice wavers as she replies to the boy. "My mother has golden chains, they're very pretty." She nods along, spring green drifting to the rippling lake beside them rather than settling on the boy and his armed companion.

The ex-princess casts a glance to Auni, already seeing each mistake she made during the process of crafting, remembering the feeling of touching cold ivory as it bent beneath her grasp, molded to the images she cast over it, became her very own creation - it lived beside her, sentient but unfeeling, will-less and silent. It listened to only her commands, perhaps because it was her voice it heard first, or because she was the one to name it, to create it. "It's name is Auni, it is the first thing my magic created." She remembers the way she crafted it, the shape the ivory tooth Marembo had brought melted beneath her touch as the magic guided her through the process of creating artificial life.

Emerald eyes get caught up in glittering gold, her ears careening forward as he offers to craft something for her. Safiri considers his offer, his extended kindness, his familiarity - she must know him somehow, must have seen him, perhaps she has glimpsed at him during an outing within the Edge? She cannot recall, too tired to reach out any farther into her foggy memories, instead letting a fragile smile crack across her lips. "Oh! That would be much appreciated! I can - I can make you something in return? I'll just need ivory." She points to Auni as an example, and then looks to the boy inquisitively. She would just need to rest for much longer than originally thought if she expels more energy creating another golem.

Her request is simple, as though she knew what she wanted from the very start - golden chains like her mother, elegant, shining in the sunlight, a decorative piece to inspire awe. "Could you make a thin golden chain? A long one, so it reaches from my horn to my tail?" The lamb already envisions her body, dazzling with the decorative piece looped around the base of her horn, hanging down and meeting again at her withers, drifting over her sides and wrapping finally at the base of her tail.

Her spirits are lifted, but her heart is still rushing to fill her body with the air it needs, to filter the blood and spread it through her petite figure without bursting from over exertion. Haki is squirming into her back, taking brunt wakes of overwhelming pain that she is constantly drowning in, head barely bobbing above the ocean of fatigue and aches that consume her near completely. Her knees have been shaking, her chest has been collapsing in on her ever since she left the Edge, there has been no rest - but still she offers pitiful smiles, bright and hopeful despite the hopelessness that pulls her lower with each gulp of air. She shakes her head, trying to play it off but he sees right through the thinly draped veil she uses to hide her weakness. "It's... I'm okay. I just- I need to rest for a bit. I wasn't born in perfect shape, but I'll manage. I have to." She promises herself, her mother, her father, her family - She promises to them that she will make it, she will not let her heart hinder her, she will learn to accept the blistering pain that flowers over her joints, over her sides and roots itself in her chest as her heart cries out. She will manage, she will be strong."I'm Safiri, and this is Haki - and the golem is Auni." Safiri sways side to side before finally inching towards a tree, resting herself against it to ease the weight on her hooves.

a wind in the shadow, a whale song in the deep

coding: © x

@Zubari

Messages In This Thread
You might Glitter, but I am Gold - by Zubari - 06-28-2017, 08:02 PM
RE: You might Glitter, but I am Gold - by Safiri - 06-28-2017, 09:19 PM
RE: You might Glitter, but I am Gold - by Zubari - 07-05-2017, 02:57 PM
RE: You might Glitter, but I am Gold - by Safiri - 07-10-2017, 12:17 PM
RE: You might Glitter, but I am Gold - by Zubari - 07-11-2017, 08:37 PM