the Rift

Torture Me Please (Psyche)

Psyche the DarkEmpress Posts: 380
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 8 (ages in Orangemoon) Buff: ENDURE
RayoDeSoleil

The effect of her word on the stallion was immediate: he looked around, something alight in his orbs, some unknown emotion that she had never seen and, therefore, could not place. And then it was gone, suddenly, and she felt as though with its disappearance the breath had been pulled forcefully from her lungs. It was replaced with a darker look, one that spoke of fear, suspicion, confusion. She resisted the urge to take a step back, to flatten her lobes against her skull in the wave of perplexed agitation that washed over her. Had she made a mistake in placing her trust in this steed? After all, the male gender was a fickle one, their affections changing on a daily basis. Not his, she reminded herself, the image of the Ice King clear in her mind's eye.

Perhaps she was the fickle one. Well, she wouldn't be making that mistake again. She would simply act as though nothing were the matter, and Valentine would fall back into line, and that was as it should be. She should be the one with the power and, remembering that, she would rid herself of the skittish tendencies that accompanied the strong emotions evoked by first Mauja, and now Valentine. Different feelings, to be sure, but both were strong for both she was unprepared. The shadow-mare was returned to the present as the stallion toppled over, seemingly unbalanced by whatever thoughts had been going through his mind. She stared, caught by surprise and disbelieving - he really could simply fall over? This was precisely why she needed to protect him!

She swallowed, unsure what to say, but he beat her to the words. "Psyche..." Her name was a blessing on his lips, but it was lacking a certain affection that he had previously shown her. There was a distance, some wall between them that had not previously existed. She was affronted, and some part of her mind, opening slowly to him, slammed shut once more, an iron door on a room full of secrets. She was once again the Crux, and playing the role as such, not as one who cared about his safety. This is why you don't open up to them, a hissing voice in her mind wheedled. They won't care for you, why should you for them? She met his gaze squarely, refusing to back down. She was his leader, and she was here to discuss business.

But as his leader, was it not her responsibility to care for her brethren? If he had some problem that he needed solved, was it not her job to see to it that she assisted him in any way she could? She hesitated. This had always been Mauja's job, not hers, and now he was gone, leaving her scrambling. But she had seen him act before, and she herself was an excellent actress. And so she sighed, took a few steps forward, lowered her crown from its haughty stature and instead approached him with a much more friendly air that the tense better-than-thou stance she had assumed the moment before. "Why do you feel unwell?" she asked, jumping straight to the point. Besides, it wouldn't do for him to fall ill, not now. She would summon the doctor if she must, but she must first know the problem.

[W/C | 555]

Walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk."
Think think think.

Messages In This Thread
Torture Me Please (Psyche) - by Valentine - 11-26-2012, 11:21 PM
RE: Torture Me Please (Psyche) - by Psyche - 11-27-2012, 08:00 PM
RE: Torture Me Please (Psyche) - by Valentine - 11-28-2012, 12:59 PM
RE: Torture Me Please (Psyche) - by Psyche - 11-28-2012, 02:38 PM
RE: Torture Me Please (Psyche) - by Valentine - 11-28-2012, 04:01 PM
RE: Torture Me Please (Psyche) - by Psyche - 11-28-2012, 06:32 PM
RE: Torture Me Please (Psyche) - by Valentine - 11-29-2012, 07:55 AM