the Rift

No Harm, No Foul || Sandman

Sandman Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Sandman
The only promise I could make you is that my promise is a lie.

Her muzzle rests on his a moment, offering comfort. Though Sandman is no child, he longs to rest, tell this mare his troubles and let her ease the cutting pain, to lie on the frosted grass and pretend everything is ok just because she is here and will soothe him. A foal-like urge, one he knows he will never act on. Broken as he might be inside, pride holds him back, struggles to pull back the tattered remains of his mask back in place. Out of habit, a smile crosses his face, but it is bitter and sad.

“I can’t go to her,” he admits softly, keeping his gaze safely off to the side. Guen, too, was gone, his best friend living comfortably in his desert home, ruling his new herd. The draft understands why the black stallion had made such a choice, remaining in Cedar rather than coming along on another adventure, but the abandonment hurt nonetheless. As to Angel, well, their separation was permanent. Nevermore would her presence grace him, teasing words instigating a run through the trees just for the thrill. Already he was forgetting the exact shade of her eyes, losing the way she had smelled. He is both thankful for the memory lapse, and terrified by it.

No matter how much her memory stabbed into his heart, he could not bear to forget. To forget her, would be to forget what being happy felt like.

OOC: So sorry for the wait!
Acting my part
Speaking my lines
Plotting the scene

Messages In This Thread
No Harm, No Foul || Sandman - by Florelle - 11-06-2012, 06:23 PM
RE: No Harm, No Foul || Sandman - by Sandman - 11-07-2012, 07:14 PM
RE: No Harm, No Foul || Sandman - by Sandman - 11-07-2012, 11:07 PM
RE: No Harm, No Foul || Sandman - by Florelle - 11-12-2012, 04:40 PM
RE: No Harm, No Foul || Sandman - by Florelle - 11-12-2012, 04:40 PM
RE: No Harm, No Foul || Sandman - by Florelle - 11-14-2012, 11:40 PM
RE: No Harm, No Foul || Sandman - by Sandman - 11-15-2012, 01:21 AM