the Rift

You Are The Light

Leander the LionHeart Posts: 184
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 8
Epona

LEANDER

your heart is the beacon, your heart is the storm

The girl was quick to retract her words. A quizzical look fell across his features. He had shown no signs of anger. Maybe the cold blue of his eyes and the frost on his wings had added more intimidation to his appearance then he'd thought. The bronze brute kept his place as Aitheria's dainty hooves slipped backwards, only staring at her with something akin to a plea in his gaze. Would she run off into the dark of the wood, as he had thought of doing only moments before? He did not want for her to go, though besides the name she'd gave she was only a stranger. Staying mostly to the wilds was a lonely thing, and he longed for company when he was not fighting fits of rage.

"It is good to meet a lady with such manners. Please forgive my awkwardness, I have only held the title of Sultan a short time. I was only a soldier prior to that, and a rogue even longer before. I have not really been myself lately." He spoke, some warmth easing back into his face as he tried to explain the strangeness of his current state. He did not mention the entity which held grip on his soul; for the lovely girl would surely be off into the depths of the forest if he had.

Leander did not miss the way the mare's lavender eyes searched the surroundings. No matter what he did, she would probably remain distrustful. Slowly, his own pointed legs backed away a step, giving the lady the space she seemed to need. To his surprise, she did not question of the herds or their lands, but spoke of a darker wondering. At this, Leander smiled. It might have come off as malicious, for him to be smiling at talk of the 'worst of this beautiful place'. But it was uncanny how she went straight for such a question, easily asking about the one thing she probably should be most concerned for. A low chuckle left his throat of it's own accord for a brief moment, and then the LionHeart began. "You are very intuitive, my lady. There was recently a battle, in which members of all of the herds aided an egalitarian group, the Qian, in invading the World's Edge, which was occupied by a group of elitist Unicorns. The Qian did offer to try to share the land with them, but the Unicorns were quick to choose the path of violence. The Qian prevailed, and now make their home in the World's Edge. However, the band of Unicorns retreated to the North, and are surely planning to seek revenge on all the herds. Those like me are trying to keep the ones they love safe, and seek a way to avoid warfare." A gleam of curiousity found his eyes, brightening his previously bleak emotion. "I do wonder what would make you so quick to think this land held evil. Have you come from a place that is also troubled?" He asked, and the long scar across his haunch tingled. The feeling was almost completely lost on his newly unreceptive skin, but Leander knew the old wound's presence well; a constant reminder of a violent past.

Messages In This Thread
You Are The Light - by Aitheria - 11-30-2012, 08:02 PM
RE: You Are The Light - by Leander - 11-30-2012, 11:31 PM
RE: You Are The Light - by Aitheria - 11-30-2012, 11:58 PM
RE: You Are The Light - by Leander - 12-01-2012, 12:28 AM
RE: You Are The Light - by Aitheria - 12-01-2012, 12:09 PM
RE: You Are The Light - by Leander - 12-02-2012, 10:02 AM
RE: You Are The Light - by Aitheria - 12-02-2012, 05:08 PM
RE: You Are The Light - by Leander - 12-03-2012, 09:45 AM
RE: You Are The Light - by Aitheria - 12-03-2012, 07:21 PM
RE: You Are The Light - by Leander - 12-04-2012, 02:16 PM
RE: You Are The Light - by Elizabeth - 12-04-2012, 05:15 PM