the Rift

You Are The Light

Leander the LionHeart Posts: 184
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 8
Epona

LEANDER

your heart is the beacon, your heart is the storm

It was actually a comfort to hear the mare start to advise. Warmth found it's way back into him, moods fluctuating once again, though this time in a much more favorable way. It seemed like a leader should have many advisors, simply friends who could think of ways to help in different situations. But he had none, and even his relationship with Faelene lay under wraps from those he knew. How could he tell Kri that he cared for a mare from the ex-Edge? Her respect for him would likely be crushed with such a revelation. The stoic Sultana had taken no lover or mate of her own; how was he to know if she was familiar with the prick of cupid's arrow? Some worry fell into his weak smile as he thought of what would come of his starstruck love. There would be no pining over the red maned if she planned to linger at Mauja's side.

"Thank you, Aitheria. I could use someone to talk to, though I fear many of my problems are not ones I should speak of. If you would like someone to talk to as well, I would be glad to lend an ear." He nodded to the chestnut, pleased that she had not decided to run back into the woods. She seemed such a level-headed, kind thing, and he was lucky to have been able to have her company instead of recruiters from the Foothill's or the Edge. She would undoubtedly make an excellent addition to the Throat, if she decided to accept his future offer.

Violet eyes were on him, questioning his explanation of Mauja's group. Oh dear girl, if only you knew. As much as he held hatred for Mauja, and the way his followers acted, he understood Aitheria's question well. She obviously wondered about the Unicorn's side of the story. "I would have taken what chances were available to avoid losing my home in the first place, rather than disregarding calm conversation. Herd lands are limited here, and all must be prepared to defend theirs with their lives if they wish to keep them. I believe in the Qian's value of equality, and so I fought. This is not to say I do not understand the Unicorn's motives for retaliation; in fact, I am not a stranger to all of their members. I do not think any group should have to be without a home. If there was land for me to give, I would give it to them, as long as they swore no violence toward the herds. Unfortunately, most of the ones I've met seem to care not for peace. If you had met them, Aitheria, I trust you would understand my agitation well. You have no need to worry about a disagreement between us, though. For you will make your own assessment in time." The golden spoke with a steady tone, the clear edge of knowledge and truth present in his words. She would understand his feelings towards them well, if only she had experienced them for herself. There was no logic within them, only a blind hatred and longing for revenge. They did not have the mind to think of the Qian's side, though he himself had the capacity to feel for their own struggle. Their horns had sought to slit his throat, and yet he still did not truly want them to struggle in the North. If they would only open their knotted heads and think of more than just vengeance, their lives would be so much easier. Allies were always more valuable then enemies. Why couldn't they see that?

The copper lady continued, speaking of her past. Sooty ears perked with interest as she recalled her home, though it did not sound quite as violent as he might have expected. She talked of finding something better, as if she wasn't sure she'd actually find that in Helovia's troubled borders. "It sounds as though you were right to find yourself a new home, though I fear that life here will get worse before it gets better." He commented on her choice, trying to exchange the concern in his eyes for hope as he went on. "Aitheria, I would be honored to have such a wise lady be a part of my home and family. If you desire a herd, you are welcome to come back to the Dragon's Throat with me." He smiled, leaving the offer hanging on the warming air. There was not telling if she would be interested or not, considering how nervous and quizzical she had been. Quietly, the Sultan hoped, for it was not everyday he found such unique newcomers in the Threshold.

Messages In This Thread
You Are The Light - by Aitheria - 11-30-2012, 08:02 PM
RE: You Are The Light - by Leander - 11-30-2012, 11:31 PM
RE: You Are The Light - by Aitheria - 11-30-2012, 11:58 PM
RE: You Are The Light - by Leander - 12-01-2012, 12:28 AM
RE: You Are The Light - by Aitheria - 12-01-2012, 12:09 PM
RE: You Are The Light - by Leander - 12-02-2012, 10:02 AM
RE: You Are The Light - by Aitheria - 12-02-2012, 05:08 PM
RE: You Are The Light - by Leander - 12-03-2012, 09:45 AM
RE: You Are The Light - by Aitheria - 12-03-2012, 07:21 PM
RE: You Are The Light - by Leander - 12-04-2012, 02:16 PM
RE: You Are The Light - by Elizabeth - 12-04-2012, 05:15 PM