the Rift

Come Be Mine (Sandman)

Sandman Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Sandman
I am easily make-believe, just dress me up in what you want me to be.

The ocean. The blue waters lulled him, singing quietly and temporarily washing away the memory of a deep bay mare. Chocolate eyes close as he listens to the siren song of the sea, the rhythmic crashing of waves soothing his torment. The sun is also a comfort, shining down and wrapping him in warmth, as is the soft sand beneath his hooves. For a moment, he pretends he is home, safe in the desert where he was born. Or maybe the desert land Guenhwyvar had claimed. He wonders what would have happened if he had stayed there, settling down as his best friend’s general. Would he miss the excitement of wandering, or would he be content? Have a mate, maybe even a foal or two? And Angel…

No. He jerked his thoughts back in line, banishing the tricky sylph from his mind. This shoreline was his sanctuary, the one place she wasn’t supposed to intrude upon. Eyes snap open again, and he angrily stalks along the beach, knowing that physical exercise will help clear his head. The familiar scent of brine floods his nose, chasing away the lingering memory of oak, maple, and rain. He does not want to remember, doesn’t love her. Or at least, that’s what he tells himself.

A welcome distraction comes into view, a golden mare resting in the sand. Something about her registers in his mind, something that says he has met the girl before. Soon after, the knowledge is there. She is Kanti, the bright little filly he had met in early Frostfall. An easy smile settles on his face as he approaches, confident that his presence will be gladly welcomed. “You stood me up,” he greets, humor evident on his features. “Not very nice of you.”

Messages In This Thread
Come Be Mine (Sandman) - by Kanti - 12-05-2012, 09:01 PM
RE: Come Be Mine (Sandman) - by Sandman - 12-05-2012, 10:40 PM
RE: Come Be Mine (Sandman) - by Kanti - 12-05-2012, 11:45 PM
RE: Come Be Mine (Sandman) - by Sandman - 01-01-2013, 11:15 PM
RE: Come Be Mine (Sandman) - by Kanti - 01-02-2013, 11:39 PM
RE: Come Be Mine (Sandman) - by Sandman - 01-16-2013, 01:19 AM