the Rift

i fall to rise again [closed]

Leander the LionHeart Posts: 184
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 8
Epona

LEANDER

your heart is the beacon, your heart is the storm

The new scholar was quite astute, and for that, Leander was thankful. Still, there would be no way for his new friend to know if Faelene was anything more than a good friend. Unfortunately, the lack of knowledge in that area might also prove to be a bad thing. The palomino fought the desire to bare his teeth as someone else called Faelene, his Faelene, lovely. Her beauty was something that he longed to enjoy, and the thought of anyone else trying to charm her made his blood boil. Forcing a grin onto his sooty lips, he nodded pleasantly to Yiska, betraying the furious rush underneath. "Thank you, Yiska. You enjoy the day as well, and do not hesitate to find me if you ever want to talk." He let his usually warm words send the stallion on his way. He genuinely did like the equine, but his love for Faelene often had a way of twisting his soul into knots.

Frosted pools lingered on Yiska's russet form as it faded off into the distance, waiting until it was just a small dot on the horizon before turning back to Faelene. It was then that the mask started to fade; all the pain, confusion, worry, and weariness flashed through his face, a sigh of exhalation rising a stark white curl into the warm air. He did not have to hide all of these things from her. She loved him.

"I do not know where to begin, except that I've missed you." He spoke, tired gaze lingering in the depths of her ebon face before dropping to the sand at his feet. "Kri has appointed me to lead alongside her. I'm called the LionHeart now." He repeated the title Yiska had just addressed him with, a weak smile tensing his maw at the name. What would she think of his new position? A small part of him wondered if the realization would drive her away, for he would be responsible for defending the Throat against her group. But the rest of him knew better, for they had still held their affection, even after she'd lost her home to the Qian. They could overcome anything, couldn't they?

Ember had begun to grow restless upon his back, and had made the decision to scramble haphazardly up the arch of his neck to get a better look at the Unicorn mare. She squawked unpleasantly as Leander shifted his head to glance at her precarious position. Returning his sights to Faelene, this time with a more hopeful look, he spoke. "This is Ember. I rescued her from a tree fire, and I suppose she has rescued me from a good deal of loneliness." Chuckling softly, he took a step closer to the garnet locked fae. "Have you been well? I am glad Birdsong is finally here, it must make things much easier on you." There was the familiar hint of concern in his eye, the one he always got when worrying over her safety.

Messages In This Thread
i fall to rise again [closed] - by Faelene - 12-05-2012, 02:41 PM
RE: i fall to rise again - by Yiska - 12-05-2012, 03:02 PM
RE: i fall to rise again - by Leander - 12-05-2012, 11:49 PM
RE: i fall to rise again - by Faelene - 12-06-2012, 02:14 AM
RE: i fall to rise again - by Yiska - 12-06-2012, 10:52 PM
RE: i fall to rise again - by Leander - 12-07-2012, 06:57 PM
RE: i fall to rise again - by Faelene - 12-08-2012, 06:55 PM
RE: i fall to rise again - by Leander - 12-09-2012, 11:40 AM
RE: i fall to rise again - by Faelene - 12-09-2012, 11:55 PM
RE: i fall to rise again - by Faelene - 12-12-2012, 03:45 PM