the Rift

It's not a cry you can hear at night. [OPEN]

Myrddin Posts: 115
Deceased
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 :: Old
Aud
 Myrddin</style>

The hot springs are directly in front of you, which I’m sure you’ve been able to determine

In fact, Myr hadn't be able to determine. The way that the sound waves bounced off of the water, and the pristine basin, made it hard for Myr to visualize where things were in space. He grit his teeth, as he considered once again visiting the Gods of this place. Would these God's be as fickle as the ones that he used to know? Those God's however, knew him for what he truly was. He could not hide his demonic heritage from them. But here, in Helovia...Well, certain truths might be best left unsaid. Muttered a word of thanks, both to the indication of where the hot springs were, and the fact that the youngling had pretend not to notice that Myr was unsure of where to go, he delicately stepped forward.

As Myr felt the warm water pooling over his hooves, he sighed with relief; moving fully into the water, until it enveloped his back. Myrddin often stood like this in the freezing waters of the Steppe. The cold seemed to lock his joints in place, leaving less room for the arthritic monster which lived in his joints, to move about. He would let the cold completely overwhelm it - feeling the bitting and gnawing pain eating away at his flesh. If he focused hard enough on the bright white pain, it allowed his mind to let everything else float away - he was able to fully meditate away from his body, which he could no longer feel. The feeling of the warm water, however, was quite different. As the heat worked its way into his old joints, he felt them begin to limber up. While the cold held everything in place, the heat seemed to allow his body the freedom of movement once again. His muscles felt looser, and his body, more flexible. The heat was not helping all of the cuts the adorned his aged hide, but it was a small price to pay.

Myr large moose-ears flickered as Shuler once again inquired about his past. hmmm. How much to tell? "I have not always been as I am. Once upon a time, I had a rather different shape. And a different name; Lailoken." He began cryptically. "My life in this body that you see now, began when a witch-queen, Ygrane, sent me on a quest to fulfill an ancient prophecy. I needed to find her true love...and so I scoured the earth for years, searching, until I came upon two twins. One of these twins, Arthur, proved to be a would-be-King, who would fulfill the prophecy. However, there was a dragon, as ancient as the earth itself, who worked with the Daoine Sid, a power group who sought to see that this prophecy never be fulfilled. But it was, of course, or I wouldn't be here, would I?" Myrddin paused, staring off into the distance envisioning the battles that took place in the name of the Regalis, which is to say, Arthur's band. He imagined his queen, Ygrane, the most beautiful that he had ever layed eyes on, even to this day. And Arthur, a spiritual lad both courageous and kind of heart. Myrddin thought of the sessions teaching Arthur to fight, to strategize in battle, and even council on reconciling fights with his heart-mate, Ygrane. He shook his head, and if they could have, his eyes would have appeared to re-focus, as he returned to the present moment. "But that was all years before your time, youngling; I would not be surprised if I was the oldest mortal alive at this very moment...I doubt there are any who know of the past of which I speak. Since then, I have traveled the earth in search of wisdom...But finding none. Only more questions; for it is a paradox of knowledge, do you not see it? If you know what it is that you're looking for, then you do in fact know it, and do not need to search. But if you truly do not know, then how can you be sure if and when you've found it?"

Messages In This Thread
RE: It's not a cry you can hear at night. [OPEN] - by Shuler - 12-04-2012, 12:42 PM
RE: It's not a cry you can hear at night. [OPEN] - by Shuler - 12-04-2012, 03:35 PM
RE: It's not a cry you can hear at night. [OPEN] - by Shuler - 12-04-2012, 11:00 PM
RE: It's not a cry you can hear at night. [OPEN] - by Shuler - 12-05-2012, 10:31 PM
RE: It's not a cry you can hear at night. [OPEN] - by Shuler - 12-06-2012, 10:56 AM
RE: It's not a cry you can hear at night. [OPEN] - by Myrddin - 12-08-2012, 12:30 PM
RE: It's not a cry you can hear at night. [OPEN] - by Shuler - 12-08-2012, 09:46 PM
RE: It's not a cry you can hear at night. [OPEN] - by Shuler - 12-11-2012, 04:21 PM
RE: It's not a cry you can hear at night. [OPEN] - by Shuler - 12-12-2012, 01:31 PM