the Rift

i fall to rise again [closed]

Leander the LionHeart Posts: 184
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 8
Epona

LEANDER

your heart is the beacon, your heart is the storm

Cerulean pools caught the brush of her dark lips against his own, but the feeling he coveted so much was lost on his poor sense of touch. Grimacing, feathered limbs retracted a step back. He did not want her to feel to wrong cold of his skin, nor to watch her touch him when he could not feel. It was too painful, to see her so close, yet be so far away. The golden felt as enclosed in a sheet of snow as the beast he'd shattered had been.

Was the title really fitting? Lines of thought creased his brow as Faelene mentioned his new name. What if she knew how he had hurt that poor, foolish spy? How he had called a storm forth from the sky, to defend the bond of their loves from that impudent filly's assumptions? Would she still think him fitting of such a noble title then? Distracting him from his thoughts as usual, Ember began prodding strands of his flaxen mane with her sharp beak, picking around as if trying to clean the masses of hair. She had decided that the Unicorn mare was nothing to be concerned of, though she could see her bonded was well interested in her. And if he liked the mare, than she must be decent enough. She would glance over at the ruby adorned female every so often, sometimes still holding a lock of Leander's mane in her gold beak.

Letting himself sidle a bit closer to Faelene, the palomino raised his as she spoke of her herd. It was the most she'd ever talked to him about the group, besides some brief mentionings of Mauja in the past. It was like a tearing of the soul. He wanted to be completely happy that Faelene had found a home; and he was relieved that she would have adequate shelter now. But the most of her group would not be happy with only the new land, and it was clear that even she feared for their violent whims. He fought a scowl when she spoke of Psyche; listening to anyone call that hot-headed bitch a lady was enough to set him on edge. She was no matriarch; just another fool hungry for power and ready to lead a desperate group to their demise. With a hardened gaze, Leander stared out across the sand. Did Faelene know that her new queen was now a prisoner of his own land? Sooty ears swiveled gently in each direction, making absolutely sure of no one else's presence before continuing. "I am glad you have a more reliable place to call home now, Faelene. But you are right to worry about lady Psyche. I have spoken to her myself, and she sees no need for peace. Stealing from the herds will put many of yours in danger. I cannot, I will not, prevent violence if my friends are being held against their will." Fury pooled into his pale orbs, and suddenly his frame was held a few notches higher. There was no excuse for thievery, and it would be dealt with. Still, Faelene would not have taken anyone, that much he was sure of. A weary sigh slid from his maw, and his gold crown shook shortly. "I know you do not want this anymore than I. I only wish I knew how to find a compromise between yours and mine. Both parties must be willing for that, though, and that is what I cannot help." For a few moments he remained silent, hoping she would not grow angry at his sentiment for her new leader. He could not deny his dislike for Mauja's replacement, no more than he would deny his dislike for the ex-Edge king himself. Soon Faelene began to ask another question. Part of him had hoped she wouldn't notice his eyes at all, but it was clearly in vain. "I was with the foals." He began, vision once again locking on the horizon. "There was a white stallion. I went to see who it was, but it wasn't really a stallion at all. It was made of snow. I know this doesn't sound possible, but it came to life. It attacked me, and I fought back. I broke it apart, and a blue orb rose from the center and fell into my skull." Worry was etched across his face as he recalled the fight, trying for the first time to explain to someone what had happened. "I don't know what it was, but I believe it was a spirit, and not one of good intent. I have not been the same since it happened. It takes barely anything for me to get angry. I can do things that I could not do before."

Messages In This Thread
i fall to rise again [closed] - by Faelene - 12-05-2012, 02:41 PM
RE: i fall to rise again - by Yiska - 12-05-2012, 03:02 PM
RE: i fall to rise again - by Leander - 12-05-2012, 11:49 PM
RE: i fall to rise again - by Faelene - 12-06-2012, 02:14 AM
RE: i fall to rise again - by Yiska - 12-06-2012, 10:52 PM
RE: i fall to rise again - by Leander - 12-07-2012, 06:57 PM
RE: i fall to rise again - by Faelene - 12-08-2012, 06:55 PM
RE: i fall to rise again - by Leander - 12-09-2012, 11:40 AM
RE: i fall to rise again - by Faelene - 12-09-2012, 11:55 PM
RE: i fall to rise again - by Faelene - 12-12-2012, 03:45 PM