the Rift

:: Seasonal Storytelling :: [Voting!]

Shyr Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
This Is Christmas to Me

"I've got one," From the shadows, a blue roan paint appeard, "One from long ago, when I was a wee one." The flicker of the fireplace licked the shadows of the femme's face revealing none other than Shyr. A warm grin displayed across her face. "And this is how it goes,

"Long ago, in the arms of a cold Frostfall wind, a mother and her child lay close to a tree. Not just any tree, it was the oldest tree that had not suffered disease or decay. It's insides were hollow and warm. This tree provided shelter from the wind, but there was something about it, something grander than any magic that you or I could ever posses," She leaned close to the Moon Goddess and her child, Mesec, "The mother was sickly and the child knew. She was sad unlike any foal should ever be. Stars hung above their heads. My child, I am so very sick and thirsty, fetch me some water, The mother said. Being the loving daughter that she was, the young foal lovingly nuzzled her mother and set off in search of water.

"After searching for hours, the youngling could not find water. All of the rivers were frozen over solid. She gave up completely, retuning to her mother in shame. Mommy, I have failed you. There is no water running, the child said sadly. That is ok my child, you tried your hardest. Did you know that it is Frostfall? Her mother sympathetically said. The foal was not happy though. With her mom being so sick, there would be no Frostfall joy. So, she fell asleep in depair." Shyr said gravely, shaking her head.

"Little did the filly know, the Gods and Goddesses pitied the child. The child and her sickly mother had no time to prepare for the holiday season because of the illness. So in the wee hours of the mornings, they joined together, the Moon God putting glittering lights on the magic tree that they slept under. The Sun god unthawed the snow and rivers, bringing warmth to Helovia. Everything became brighter and happier. Finally, the Earth God crafted delicate little clay balls and animals to hang on the tree. Now remember, the tree is magical.

"Little animals and birds were drawn to such a beautiful and grand tree. They wanted to make the tree even more beautiful, so the birds joined together to sing songs of the holidays. The squirrels tidied up the tree. The other animals sending word of the great tree. All the Unicorns and Pegasi, Equines and Hybrids all joined together at this tree, crafting delicate gifts for that one filly. Soon all of the joy and happiness started to spread. When the child and her mother woke up, they were exstatic. The magic in the tree grew as their excitement did. The mother was suddenly healed. She would now live a full happy life. The filly was so happy that she now could celebrate.

"The next Frostfall rolls around. All of the animals remembered the act of kindness that they did the previous year. They all decided to join at the great tree again to sing songs and exchange gifts. This time though, a fiery red stallion came around bringing everone a gift each. He had a jolly and kind face, a round stomach, and a pure white mane and tail. Ho, Ho, Ho! Merry Christmas, He would say handing out each gift. From there on out, the stallion donated his treasure to the good horses," With a big smile she added, "And that was how our holiday, Christmas, came to be,"

Messages In This Thread
RE: :: Seasonal Storytelling :: - by Farai - 12-11-2012, 02:56 AM
RE: :: Seasonal Storytelling :: - by Frost Fyre - 12-11-2012, 07:09 PM
RE: :: Seasonal Storytelling :: - by Chernobyl - 12-11-2012, 09:47 PM
RE: :: Seasonal Storytelling :: - by Shyr - 12-14-2012, 06:00 PM
RE: :: Seasonal Storytelling :: - by Tor - 12-14-2012, 07:32 PM
RE: :: Seasonal Storytelling :: - by Lena - 12-20-2012, 07:17 PM
RE: :: Seasonal Storytelling :: - by Lace - 12-26-2012, 04:03 PM
RE: :: Seasonal Storytelling :: - by Official - 01-01-2013, 12:20 PM
RE: :: Seasonal Storytelling :: [Voting!] - by Shuler - 01-06-2013, 10:17 AM