the Rift

Painted in Flames [Calvariam]

Calvariam Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Cal|variam

"This ain't the smartest idea I ever had..."

Murdock. No wonder the poor fool had decided to keep his name disclosed. Cal was polite enough to keep the amused sneer out of her body language, however; the studly boy answered her well and true enough, she supposed, so she owed him that much respect. Besides, he hadn't laughed at her when she gave her suggestion of getting back into the air. In all fairness, there as still a piece of her mind that whispered all sorts of humorous, horrible things; things like You gon' break yo' ass in the air sang through the corners of Cal's mind, but the rest of her brain was strangely calm and resolved, while an electric current of excitment coursed through Cal's body. She as going to fly again!

The huge wave of relief and nostalgia she felt was unexpected.

Cal brought herself back to her senses as she listened to the young buck Murdock address her again. *“Don’t worry, you ain’t dealin’ with no amateur, Cal. I got tons o’ hours up there, and I know all there is to know about flyin’. I’m willin’ to help you if yer willin’ to try”*

She snorted with a smug expression. "Please, Murphy," she said with a jaunty kick of her leg, "I know I ain't messin' with no amateur. I'm just worried about you, shug." She cackled a little at her own, rather weak joke. In all honesty she welcomed his presence. Whether or not he as a good flier remained to be seen, but any type of adult pegasus in tow would be good enough for security, and there was an added bonus knowing that he at least had a head on his shoulders.

Cal took a step forward, opening her wings and letting the breeze catch underneath the arch of her primaries....then hesitated. Her flight shoulders felt rather stiff and rickety from disuse; she let her wings fall experimentally, making the air hum from the weight, and a spike of worry pierced Cal's excitement. The air current felt heavier than what she remembered, and she realized she would have to work much harder than usual to get herself into the air. She reared up a little, lifting her forehooves from the ground and flapping her wings a little harder; she mentally nodded, her theory becoming concrete. Cal was gonna to be sore in the morning.

This was the perfect place to practice flying; there were cliffs and hangings and plenty of rocky places to bust your ass on to further drive home a lesson. She also supposed that having an experienced back-up was a plus too. Whether she liked it or not, Cal's respect for Moony Murdock was blossoming into a sort of liking, even if he turned out to be rather talented at royally pissing her off. She tensed her muscles, casting a glance back at Murdock before taking off into a spirited canter that intensified into a hard gallop, gaining momentum for the large, fat-bellied mare to take into the air.

"....but this is what Life's all about!"

Messages In This Thread
Painted in Flames [Calvariam] - by Murdock - 11-24-2012, 12:41 AM
RE: Painted in Flames [Calvariam] - by Calvariam - 11-25-2012, 08:10 PM
RE: Painted in Flames [Calvariam] - by Murdock - 11-25-2012, 08:32 PM
RE: Painted in Flames [Calvariam] - by Calvariam - 11-29-2012, 12:14 PM
RE: Painted in Flames [Calvariam] - by Murdock - 11-30-2012, 05:16 PM
RE: Painted in Flames [Calvariam] - by Calvariam - 12-01-2012, 10:07 PM
RE: Painted in Flames [Calvariam] - by Murdock - 12-01-2012, 11:52 PM
RE: Painted in Flames [Calvariam] - by Calvariam - 12-02-2012, 07:14 PM
RE: Painted in Flames [Calvariam] - by Murdock - 12-02-2012, 08:02 PM
RE: Painted in Flames [Calvariam] - by Calvariam - 12-04-2012, 07:48 PM