the Rift

[FALLS] Bitterness or Sympathy

Romani Posts: 205
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: 9 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Kasai :: White Tiger :: Wind Whip Sparrow

Romani

Once more Romani found herself wandering the thick forests of the Threshold, admiring the beauty that came with such thick vegetation. It had been the first place that she had stepped foot in when she had ventured into the land, and so by contrast, had developed a deep love for the trees and surroundings. Of course, back then, the Threshold had been covered in a thick layer of snow and frost, and the trees had all been stripped bare of their beautiful leaves and colors. Now it was definitely a much more beautiful place to behold… Unless, of course, snow was your thing.

The thought caused a chuckle to rise from the Haflinger’s deep chest, her pace set almost leisurely as she strode through the forest. At her side was Kasai, who moved with more confidence as the days passed, no longer hiding behind her bonded’s sturdy legs or cowering at the softest of sounds. The black and white cub was growing more adventurous, something that Romani enjoyed, for it had been some time since she had left the confines of her home, as well as the Threshold.

The compact mare moved with a quiet sort of grace, yet held her head high with obvious certainty with all of the pride that came with being a warrior. Her thick, ivory mane bounced slightly as she moved, tail flicking back and forth to ward off the flies that had come alive during Birdsong’s warmer weather. Crisp, azure eyes took in her surroundings, and it was the sound of voices that caused the mare to stop. Kasai, likewise, heard the murmuring sound of voices on the horizon and paused, glancing back to the Haflinger with uncertainty. Offering the cub a reassuring smile, Romani pressed on, stepping through the thicket of trees and brush.

It was through the area that she spotted the two equine’s talking. Well, one was an equine, and the other was a rather handsome Pegasus. Her gentle blue eyes lingered on both forms, admiring them both for different reasons. The equine mare was, quite obviously, missing one of her ears, and while that was strange for the palomino to see, it didn’t make her any less beautiful. Her dark, brindled coat and handsome markings were proof of that, but what truly interested the warrior was the words she had caught on the tail-end of the conversation.

‘I have no where in particular to go, though I have heard talk of the… Foothills, I believe they were called…’ The Foothills, hm? Perhaps she could be of some help to the brindled mare.

Clearing her throat to announce her arrival, Romani smiled prettily, eyes dancing from the Pegasus stallion to rest on the one-eared mare. “I’m sorry to interrupt, but I couldn’t help but wonder if I’ve perhaps heard you correctly? That you’re searching for the Foothills?” She paused, allowing that to sink in before dipping her head slightly in polite etiquette. “My name is Romani, and I’m a warrior of the Foothills, and this is Kasai, my Companion.” She tipped her head once more, but this time was merely regarding her tigress cub. “Perhaps I could inquire both of your names?”

The true Soldier fights not because
He hates what is in front of him,
But because he loves what is behind him.

colourize-stock | arctic-stock | imi art

Messages In This Thread
Bitterness or Sympathy - by Resplendence - 12-31-2012, 11:06 PM
RE: Bitterness or Sympathy - by Quilyan - 01-01-2013, 08:07 PM
RE: Bitterness or Sympathy - by Resplendence - 01-01-2013, 10:21 PM
RE: Bitterness or Sympathy - by Quilyan - 01-01-2013, 10:38 PM
RE: Bitterness or Sympathy - by Resplendence - 01-02-2013, 12:14 AM
RE: Bitterness or Sympathy - by Quilyan - 01-02-2013, 05:57 PM
RE: Bitterness or Sympathy - by Resplendence - 01-02-2013, 09:29 PM
RE: Bitterness or Sympathy - by Romani - 01-03-2013, 10:24 PM
RE: Bitterness or Sympathy - by Quilyan - 01-10-2013, 06:43 PM
RE: Bitterness or Sympathy - by Resplendence - 01-10-2013, 07:36 PM