the Rift

Excuse me? [Joining]

Rishima Posts: 137
World's Edge Moon Advocate
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2 :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Kali :: Common Griffin :: Draining Clutch Charks
The fading mare is not alone. Though the mist burns beneath a brazen sun, evaporating into waif and shadow as spring heat rises, I find no trouble making myself invisible. Too many years of wandering in solitude have left me more inclined to silence than sound, a fan of the darker shade of life, of delicate footfalls and winding trails closed to pursuit. Today, I am on border patrol, a spirit of the night sky cast down into a merciless day far outside my element of comfort. I would rather weave through shadows in the twilight air, or dance beneath the twinkling stars. I would rather be sharing a conversation with someone I hold equal, learning the secrets that the universe holds.

I would rather be alone then here, on the border of the Edge, then forced to investigate the obnoxiously loud steps of this to bumbling mare: but I have a duty, a mighty one that I must fulfill to earn my place in this marvelous herd, a duty to guard and protect against potential friend or foe.

The fading mare is not alone. I emerge from behind her, lanky stride and nebulous legs flickering as fingers of mist cling to them like old and needy friends. "Hello," I say from behind her- surely she has noted me by now, but if she hasn't, the dark tones should act as a rather thorough alert. Behind her, I am smiling, a wry curve tugging at the line of my mouth.

But I am in for my own surprise, for all at once I know the mare, a dim recollection springing into the shadowed curiosity of my mind. She was there the night that Lace crafted, a quiet creature that did not belong and made her escape at the moment of my arrival. Her... attachment to the Glazier had been obvious that night. The smile fades; dark eyes narrow; silver locks whip at dusky hocks. Vaguely I wonder what it is she wants, what she's doing here now and what she hopes to gain. If she sought the company of her friend, why linger on the borders like a cautious ghost? She'd found no trouble in trespassing before. "Why do you hesitate?" I ask now, mocking amused and dry and all of it empty. On my face there is nothing but curiosity, polite and unblemished; the whirling of my mind is not for her to see. "You have walked in these woods before."

[Image: RishiRef.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
Excuse me? [Joining] - by Tor - 01-03-2013, 08:15 PM
RE: Excuse me? [Joining] - by Rishima - 01-04-2013, 02:36 AM
RE: Excuse me? [Joining] - by Tor - 01-04-2013, 09:16 PM
RE: Excuse me? [Joining] - by Rishima - 01-05-2013, 06:01 AM
RE: Excuse me? [Joining] - by Tor - 01-05-2013, 07:33 PM
RE: Excuse me? [Joining] - by Torasin - 01-14-2013, 10:41 AM
RE: Excuse me? [Joining] - by Tor - 01-14-2013, 08:11 PM
RE: Excuse me? [Joining] - by Rishima - 01-17-2013, 12:49 AM
RE: Excuse me? [Joining] - by Tor - 01-17-2013, 06:35 PM
RE: Excuse me? [Joining] - by Lace - 01-19-2013, 06:04 AM