the Rift

So far away (Ktulu)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

"Love..."

Parents often show us the way. It was through guardians that I caught first glimpse of this thing called love and partnership. My mother and father took delight in showing simple affection for each other, a swift kiss here and there when they thought little eyes weren’t looking. Like old friends or soul mates they would spend long evening hours gazing into the night sky, talking, snuggling—always laughing at some ridicules joke the other made.

Every so often one would turn head toward me, curious if loud sound had drawn attention. I was still young at the time and forced to bed at an unfairly early hour; sound bedtimes usually resulted in me pretending to be asleep when their conversation turned hush. My vain act didn’t last long; soon, their soft voices would loll me into deep slumber.

Their dedication was my first experience with love.

I stood by, silent and averting gaze while she worked through everything submitted. Fluttering beats lapped on, circling steadily and never missing a stroke. It was half expected for her to tactfully find words that would let me down into the valley of disappointment, the other half…a more pleasant and hopeful half. Expected a chance—a single opportunity to treat her the way a beautiful creature should be treated, and maybe earn trust and love.

"I do like you, Midas."

Pulse jumped, jittering little bursts of warm fuzz’s through each threaded tendon. Honeyed pools rose to meet an honest gaze, thankful that there was truth absent jest, “A lot." It would seem that our lord favored us, he would grant me a boon and see heart rise from earth. Ktulu came closer; I smiled. Sweet feminine fragrance was like a drug. Tempting, overpowering. It took no small amount of control to simply savor in what meager touch she offered. Extended muzzle was met with my own lips, shifting to plant a soft nuzzling kiss upon her nose.

She offered a sip, whereas I being a man would have liked to simply drown. Even by extending wings and drawing us closer. Or, burying face within the soft contours of neck, and feeling each silken strand brush against shoulders.

To just…hold this woman…inhale who she was.

"Where does this leave us?" I exhale and it comes out a wistful sigh. An answer forms quick enough, “I guess this means it’s time to pay a visit to your father?” Tone is joking, but only half so. It was tradition in my family to ask for permission before courting a lady, “We keep on living,” As I speak, magical spools are called upon. Golden threads pull and tug on surrounding earth, drawing from it the finest of sand. I silently fashion a sharp looking spearhead and carefully use it to slice through the topmost portion of the branch holding a rose I had found earlier.

Balancing the beauty between clinched granules I offer it to her then gently placed its small tip across forelock and behind my lady's dark ear, “and perhaps I’ll make you fall just as in love with me….as I am with you.” The flower sits as a jewel when upon her crown; it is a humble offering at best to me.

Not much of a symbol, but…a start.

“I would ask for your consideration on returning to my homeland with me... but I already know the answer,” a smile, though its corners are bent in brief sadness. She was controlling a herd now, whatever their purpose.

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
So far away (Ktulu) - by Midas - 01-06-2013, 02:56 PM
RE: So far away (Ktulu) - by Ktulu - 01-06-2013, 03:28 PM
RE: So far away (Ktulu) - by Midas - 01-06-2013, 08:32 PM
RE: So far away (Ktulu) - by Ktulu - 01-07-2013, 11:52 PM
RE: So far away (Ktulu) - by Midas - 01-09-2013, 12:36 PM
RE: So far away (Ktulu) - by Ktulu - 01-09-2013, 03:46 PM
RE: So far away (Ktulu) - by Midas - 01-10-2013, 01:03 AM
RE: So far away (Ktulu) - by Ktulu - 01-14-2013, 11:35 PM
RE: So far away (Ktulu) - by Midas - 01-20-2013, 11:37 AM
RE: So far away (Ktulu) - by Ktulu - 02-03-2013, 02:59 PM