the Rift

Excuse me? [Joining]

Tor Posts: 197
World's Edge Nurse
Mare :: Equine :: 17.1 :: 9
Adoptable
[Image: winter_snow_by_ladyfey-d5g626q.png]

If the dark mare was about to reply, however, she was smoothly cut off by a more familiar horse, painted golden like the sun and coat cut with white. The smallest of smiles appeared on Tor's face, and she resisted the urge to immediately cross over to him, away from this mare that had uneased her so much. "You are, Torasin, of course correct. It's true I'm finding difficulty... in discovering myself, as you put it." Was it really that easy to read her emotions? Tor really wasn't certain of her position in this life. More and more often she seemed to flip back and forth. Being accepted into this herd wouldn't be another choice to back out of- she had to mean it. Was she ready?

There was the quietest of rustlings as something disturbed the silence- the mare's eyes moved upwards to rest on the brown dragon clinging to the tree. Kiba, wasn't it? Tor tipped her head ever so slightly towards the little scaled creature, feeling it would be the polite thing to do. From what Lace had told her, companions meant very much to one, and she couldn't imagine the bond being a figment of imagination- so surely they must be aware of greetings, even if not with one's own species?

For a moment the mare let the words sink into her. Even if Torasin spoke breezily of it, she knew it was a serious question. With a sudden twist of her heart Tor recalled Paladin, and Tor telling him she would join his herd even if not ruler. Broken promise? No... she had changed. Yes, that doesn't mean she's bound to it anymore. Besides, the Foothills had seemed to be changing leadership too much recently.

"I'm ready Torasin. I have very often not wanted to settle. I will not back out on this promise to the herd- I will do my best for care for them, as I have done for countless others. But this time, I will not leave, not a week after healing, not a month, not a year- I will be here." Tor spoke softly but firmly, despite the quietness of her voice at the beginning, gradually her voice strengthened.

She didn't really like how noble and valiant she sounded. It sounded boastful to her, but how could she change it?

[Thank you for picking it up for me imi ^^]

WORDS OF COMPASSION ARE STRONGER THAN ANY ACT OF POWER.

Messages In This Thread
Excuse me? [Joining] - by Tor - 01-03-2013, 08:15 PM
RE: Excuse me? [Joining] - by Rishima - 01-04-2013, 02:36 AM
RE: Excuse me? [Joining] - by Tor - 01-04-2013, 09:16 PM
RE: Excuse me? [Joining] - by Rishima - 01-05-2013, 06:01 AM
RE: Excuse me? [Joining] - by Tor - 01-05-2013, 07:33 PM
RE: Excuse me? [Joining] - by Torasin - 01-14-2013, 10:41 AM
RE: Excuse me? [Joining] - by Tor - 01-14-2013, 08:11 PM
RE: Excuse me? [Joining] - by Rishima - 01-17-2013, 12:49 AM
RE: Excuse me? [Joining] - by Tor - 01-17-2013, 06:35 PM
RE: Excuse me? [Joining] - by Lace - 01-19-2013, 06:04 AM
RE: Excuse me? [Joining] - by Torasin - 01-19-2013, 08:03 PM