the Rift

Excuse me? [Joining]

Rishima Posts: 137
World's Edge Moon Advocate
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2 :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Kali :: Common Griffin :: Draining Clutch Charks
She sputters and speaks, and her words ring hollow against the a creature of caution and words too soft for her frame. Impassively I hear, and in hearing I grow confused, bemused, wondrous as to what, exactly, she hopes to achieve in this convoluted appeal of flustered ideas and broken stories. She seeks to be a part of my home, yet she claims alliances and membership among a group I know not. She is, she was, she wants to be; ears dip back, eyes lay narrow, and I attempt to puzzle together the mystery that is Tor.

The more I see, the less I trust.

Kali stretches, growing bored with the conversation, and begins to chase the grasshoppers who think the springtime is the best time to emerge. She leaps beneath my barrel and I kick her softly, bumping her rump and sending her sprawling across the soft grass. She hisses, but is having fun; too playful for her own good, she abandons her grasshoppers and leaps for my mane, talons grabbing at the golden end and clinking against medallions hung about my neck. "Not now, Kali," I chastise, but my companion's enthusiasm is in truth rather welcome, for as Tor speaks again I dip my head to nip at Kali's wings, forelock shielding my eyes as thoughts and decisions race through a dark and winding mind. What shall I do with this one, this follower of Lace and seeker of family?

Her new tirade does nothing to alleviate my disease, but I do not get the chance to retort- no, one who is far more well-versed in the intricacies of social interaction has come to save me from that fate. Torasin's bulk of gold and cream is both a comfort and a concern. It has been some time since I saw the stallion my sister once held such affection for, and his very existence is something that troubles me slightly - but I suppose such will be the case with all of her suitors, no matter how long I live. Not that he has done much to endear himself to me in the time since. The stallion's foolish actions and cruel words at the behest of the Sun God are not something I have forgotten, but he has proven himself a true member of the Qian since. Still, the geniality of Torasin's voice, the open kindness and lack of questions, the blind trust and willingness to accept; it makes me cringe inside, and turn back to the pair with inquisitive eye and pursed lips.

I watch the interaction in silence, releasing Kali to go pursue Kiba, the ivory gryphon launching herself from the ground awkwardly and darting to the smaller companion's tree. Belatedly I realize that at some point she managed to steal my amulet of the Sun, and she holds it out to her peer excitedly. She, at least, seems to have forgotten the animosity that once hung between them. If only I could be so forgiving.

But now I am done listening. I am tired of this mare's contradictions, of the tales of history that speak against her own supposed devotion. Almost apologetically I snort, the voice of the mare still dying against the spring air. "I'm afraid I have to interject," are the words that escape the confines of blackened lips, quiet yet forceful. Neck draws up; authority, find authority. Eyes of coal turn to Tor, and there is no apology in my voice, no softness to shelter her from the harsh reality of my words. "I have heard you speak, and all I hear is inconsistency. You belong, you do not; you promise to stay as soon as you leave another. You claim to be a mercenary, and a healer, and a wanderer. In one breath you profess your difficulty settling and your confidence in your ability to stay. And-" and there is something else, something I have forgotten until now, a piece of this puzzle that still confuses "-you have been here before, but it was not of your own volition, was it?" Lace had stolen her. Mirage told me, and to this day I do not understand why he did it, but it adds to my irritation. The edge of my tone grows sharp.

I sigh. This girl should be grateful. Most can't get so many words from me in one go. Dimly I wonder if they will hate me now. Cruelly I realize that I care, and the realization hurts, and I push it away. Let them.

[Image: RishiRef.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
Excuse me? [Joining] - by Tor - 01-03-2013, 08:15 PM
RE: Excuse me? [Joining] - by Rishima - 01-04-2013, 02:36 AM
RE: Excuse me? [Joining] - by Tor - 01-04-2013, 09:16 PM
RE: Excuse me? [Joining] - by Rishima - 01-05-2013, 06:01 AM
RE: Excuse me? [Joining] - by Tor - 01-05-2013, 07:33 PM
RE: Excuse me? [Joining] - by Torasin - 01-14-2013, 10:41 AM
RE: Excuse me? [Joining] - by Tor - 01-14-2013, 08:11 PM
RE: Excuse me? [Joining] - by Rishima - 01-17-2013, 12:49 AM
RE: Excuse me? [Joining] - by Tor - 01-17-2013, 06:35 PM
RE: Excuse me? [Joining] - by Lace - 01-19-2013, 06:04 AM