the Rift

Excuse me? [Joining]

Tor Posts: 197
World's Edge Nurse
Mare :: Equine :: 17.1 :: 9
Adoptable
[Image: winter_snow_by_ladyfey-d5g626q.png]

Had the mare, the stygian black and dark, taken a personal dislike to Tor, or was she simply always like this? Tor didn't know and couldn't help a creeping feeling she was being examined, like the bird that had been trapped under the unicorn's hooves so many days ago, when she had come across him in the threshold. Then there was another unicorn... and another... and more and more horses had comes, flooding, as if drawn to the scent of blood and pain on the air.

It was hard for Tor to naturally dislike someone. It was difficult, indeed, for her to even become suspicious or wary of a horse. Secrets of herself were frequently in the air, should a horse ask for it, but she did not betray those trusted to her. It was one thing to reveal about oneself, but the stories of Ophelia's memory and Lei's lies were not hers to give, and so she had remained silent, and would continue to. But she found herself feeling shadowed, tied down by this mare who seemed so grim and silent, who could not let her simply join.

Is that all Tor wanted? To just join and be done with it? She found herself stung by this mare, the mare who drew herself up tall and stared out of black eyes. Not even Mauja had bothered her so much. Fear was one thing. This unfamiliar dislike was another. The only other horse she could find herself recalling to dislike was Psyche. That was it. The mare who had a mane of feathers and bones and a twisted horn that represented her skewed beliefs in unicorn superiority.

At least Torasin was there, a soothing gold presence. The draft felt relief in her, with the painted stallion kind, a healer of a similar nature. Yet she could not stop the ebon mare's voice from remaining regal and harsh. There is no gentle edge in that voice. It hurt. Tor found herself struggling to remain neutral, to remain polite and cordial as she always has. She did not betray it outwardly, but Tor was wondering what would happen if she simply said it was none of this mare's business and she knew several who would speak for her.

But she couldn't say that, so Tor allowed a moment of quiet, interrupted only by birdsong, before saying- "You do not know my reasons for leaving the Gray and they are my reasons alone." Do you always try to gain members by sticking your nose where it is not your place? "You do not know me and you question me when you have not even offered me your name. Does it not comfort you to see that one of your herd members welcome me?" Did it? Or was it meaningless to the mare that Torasin welcomed the draft, even if serious. "Should it be of comfort to you, I left my homeland not out of disloyalty, but because I was loyal. The land could support no more and so my father asked me, the eldest daughter, if I could leave." Why am I getting angry? Be polite! "I left and became a healer under the training of a mentor later killed." And don't bother asking who the mentor was. "I came to Helovia and became one of the Gray, as the head of healers. Now you question me and my wandering. Is it wrong of me to want to leave a mercenary group, when I could, perhaps, serve better in a herdland where several of those I have met before live?"

Of my own volition. Oh, how she puts it! Tor didn't raise her voice, or speak quicker, or anything at all to show how mild-quickly-growing-worse annoyance. "Yes, Lace wanted me to meet Mirage, and he did not know where to find me. If you don't want me, tell me. I would rather not share my whole life with a stranger." There. Straight and to the point. Tor only hoped this mare would just say get out or get in, and stop with bringing up memories she has only really just put behind her.

WORDS OF COMPASSION ARE STRONGER THAN ANY ACT OF POWER.

Messages In This Thread
Excuse me? [Joining] - by Tor - 01-03-2013, 08:15 PM
RE: Excuse me? [Joining] - by Rishima - 01-04-2013, 02:36 AM
RE: Excuse me? [Joining] - by Tor - 01-04-2013, 09:16 PM
RE: Excuse me? [Joining] - by Rishima - 01-05-2013, 06:01 AM
RE: Excuse me? [Joining] - by Tor - 01-05-2013, 07:33 PM
RE: Excuse me? [Joining] - by Torasin - 01-14-2013, 10:41 AM
RE: Excuse me? [Joining] - by Tor - 01-14-2013, 08:11 PM
RE: Excuse me? [Joining] - by Rishima - 01-17-2013, 12:49 AM
RE: Excuse me? [Joining] - by Tor - 01-17-2013, 06:35 PM
RE: Excuse me? [Joining] - by Lace - 01-19-2013, 06:04 AM
RE: Excuse me? [Joining] - by Torasin - 01-19-2013, 08:03 PM