the Rift

I Have Lost Everything | Open!

Nayati Posts: 116
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 14.3hh :: four years
Rathunax :: Common Red Dragon :: Shock Breath cailyn

I'll take you for who you are if you'll take me for everything</style>

Crown no longer had to twist to see the dark mare as she moved to Nayati's side. Their eyes never met but the little filly didn't mind. Insanity was not like Romani or Abdullah, and for some reason Nayati was grateful for it. Someone who could tell her, in blunt terms, how hard it was going to be and how to get past it. Silence fell upon them like a blanket of snow, muffling and muting everything until it was almost like white noise in her head. How long they both stood there staring out at the horizon, the youngling didn't know and didn't care to find out. Time was meaningless to her at that point. Briefly she wished to find Bale, but didn't want to press her problems onto him. Yanked out of her thoughts by Insanity speaking, she turned one ear her way and let her gaze drop back down to the ground while she took it in. Her name was gifted, and Nayati held it close. Insanity may not be the loving type, but already Nayati was thankful that she did not try to comfort or pity her.

Wisdom came from her lips, cold and aloof. Nayati felt bad for her, having to understand this horrible feeling in her chest. Wishing that what they'd experienced on their own had never happened. Neither of them deserved it, so why had it happened? Nayati wanted to be bitter, but Insanity's words warned her against it. Head rose slightly and she took a long, deep breath. Momentarily closing her eyes. She felt small and weak, helpless to the agony that resounded in her heart like the beating of a drum. But Insanity's words had gone straight into her heart, telling it to be strong or she would crumble and become broken. Insanity didn't deserve to be broken, but the filly could not go into the past and stop whatever it was that had happened to her. "I never knew how hard smiling through pain was..." she whispered dully, feeling years older than her meager months. "But...But I will try. I'll find my smile, I promise..." And though she didn't turn her head to look at the mare, she was directing her next words directly to her. "Will you help me? Will you keep me walking straight? I am sorry for whatever has made you like this, but for you I will try not to follow that path." Insanity deserved that at least, though she could also be enraged by what Nayati had said. The filly didn't know, she hardly knew her at all. But if she was to keep moving, she had to make sure she did it the right way.

Credit

the rose shadows said that they loved the sun, but they also loved the dark, 
where their roots grew through the lightless mystery of the earth. the roses said: you do not have to choose. 

Messages In This Thread
I Have Lost Everything | Open! - by Nayati - 01-16-2013, 11:19 PM
RE: I Have Lost Everything | Open! - by Insanity - 01-17-2013, 04:51 PM
RE: I Have Lost Everything | Open! - by Insanity - 01-18-2013, 07:56 PM
RE: I Have Lost Everything | Open! - by Insanity - 01-19-2013, 09:46 PM
RE: I Have Lost Everything | Open! - by Nayati - 01-17-2013, 07:34 PM
RE: I Have Lost Everything | Open! - by Nayati - 01-19-2013, 04:46 PM
RE: I Have Lost Everything | Open! - by Nayati - 01-25-2013, 10:37 PM
RE: I Have Lost Everything | Open! - by Insanity - 02-04-2013, 08:35 PM