Abandoned by the sun [open]
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
I HAVE BURNED MY TOMORROWS, AND I STAND INSIDE TODAY
At the edge of the future, and my dreams all fade away

Hadn't visited all of Frostfall. Not the mare I know. Ophelia listened to those words and raised a brow, remembering back to the frosty season. She had been to the Grey meetings where Tor had not appeared, and Birdsong had mostly been spent without memories. Ironically, who she was right now, standing, was the Ophelia she knew - just an Ophelia who had been through more than most. Two halves of her life were still being knit slowly together, and now she could add one more to the count of injuries she caused while her memories were gone. The alabaster mare knew she could not solely blame the God of the Sun for this; she had agreed to give up her memories, selfishly. However, she had come to this realization on her own and asked for them back, even if she had to give up what she wanted.

He abandoned her for choosing her loved ones.

An amulet was tossed on the ground as Tor passed by her, and she watched with no small amount of anger. As if a trinket could replace a friendship? A piece of metal with mild magical properties could be payment for her abandonment? A smirk crossed her lips that was born of pain and irony, and she watched as Tinek swooped down to snatch the amulet, holding the bronze chain in his talons before it sank beneath the murky surface to be lost forever. Crimson eyes watched the draft mare go, and the silver, scaled creature then surged upward to land on Ophelia's hip, eyeing the trinket rather curiously.

Comadre's little talons rested like feathers on her tall withers then, and she closed her eyes as his charcoal arms wrapped around her neck. She could feel his warm breath against the mud that latched onto her hairs, and a softer smile moved across her lips. To be loved by such an intelligent and independent creature was why she had made the decision to return to the God of the Sun. All of her memories of Comadre and Osiris, though sometimes painful, were worth any price. She turned her head slightly to affectionately rub her lips along the hardened scales of his back, a thank for so selflessly comforting her when she was lost in the sea of her own faults. Ophelia had not the heart at the moment to run after the spotted gray and return her amulet, but she would, soon.

For now, she merely listened to the protective growl coil from Osiris' throat and remembered why she had lost the Sun God's faith. Four sets of talons, leathery wings, a tall, furry half-wolf and kind words were worth more to her than the interest of a god too old and too bitter to appreciate her for her short, mortal life. With that thought, she began to heal, slowly. Though her heart yearned for the sun god's council and appreciation, she knew that she had made the right choice. As she thought, she stared at the winged stallion in their midst, wondering if love would abandon him as well.

A conversation arose between then that sparked her curiosity, an emotion that had previously been resting beneath a heap of self-doubt and anger. Boggart? What was that? One, formerly listless, tulip shaped ear tilted in their direction, interest lining the dim glow in her strange eyes. "What is a Boggart" she finally asked, her voice rather small but still as chime-like and delicate as usual. Strange eyes glanced between the two males, wandering what had transpired that the two knew each other. Apparently a cloud of some sort had been the egg of an unknown creature, but Osiris was there to protect a friend. Ophelia smiled to herself, thinking that the protective trait was very much inherent to her friend.

Ophelia was surprised that Levi had offered to help. Even he recognized that she was a more than slightly off center when someone who had claimed to be her friend did not. Well, Tor had realized that she was not herself, but chose to fault her for it instead. Kind, she thought sarcastically. She looked between the two adults and then down at the filly, knowing that her curiosity would be burning were she in their hooves. A shaky exhale moved past her gray lips, and she grit her teeth together for a moment as she mulled over her words. "I chose to return to the Sun God to regain my history, and he abandoned me," she said rather stiffly. Any more emotion would have caused the fissure in her soul to rupture further.

"I chose to remember, and he called me ungrateful. Never again will he see me, a-a." Ophelia clenched her jaw hard and inhaled deeply, muscles tensed. As she resolved her emotions, her ears pinned against her skull, and she closed her eyes tightly. "I admit to having loved him, perhaps foolishly. Though I did not consider him romantically, the God of the Sun has always been a guiding light in my life." Ophelia opened her eyes and stared down at her hooves. "Nevermore."

Image Credit: haiinee @ sxc.hu

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
Abandoned by the sun [open] - by Ophelia - 01-18-2013, 05:47 PM
RE: Abandoned by the sun [open] - by Frost Fyre - 01-18-2013, 11:28 PM
RE: Abandoned by the sun [open] - by Tor - 01-18-2013, 11:48 PM
RE: Abandoned by the sun [open] - by Levi - 01-19-2013, 10:30 AM
RE: Abandoned by the sun [open] - by Osiris - 01-19-2013, 12:47 PM
RE: Abandoned by the sun [open] - by Ophelia - 01-19-2013, 01:56 PM
RE: Abandoned by the sun [open] - by Tor - 01-19-2013, 06:38 PM
RE: Abandoned by the sun [open] - by Frost Fyre - 01-19-2013, 10:59 PM
RE: Abandoned by the sun [open] - by Levi - 01-20-2013, 09:28 AM
RE: Abandoned by the sun [open] - by Osiris - 01-20-2013, 04:46 PM