the Rift

A walk to safety [Kiara]

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit

That the youthful fae’s first query was regarding the magic Mirage possessed gave her brow a softer appeal, a smile hinting at the edge of her lovely lips. But she concentrated on aiding the mare in rising first, before addressing the answer – for she did not know exactly how to answer her. Upon entering the lands of Isilme, Mirage simply was able to step beneath this cloak that fitted her namesake, and shortly thereafter she also found the golden egg that contained the juvenile Akaith within its metallic shells. The mare had simply figured that she needed the touch of Isilme’s lands to realise her full potential of a magic that always resided within her, and she had not lost the ability since then.

“It is an illusionary gift I have been able to wield for many years now.” Once the mare had regained her feet, Mirage spoke about her abilities. It was something she hadn’t considered for some time, so much a part of her it had become. “Akaith has been with me for just as long.” She added, as the dragon deftly leapt to her perch atop the raven mare’s withers. “I’ve always believed that there is the potential for magic within all of us, Kiara. But I know not exactly what unlocked mine, or what may unlock others.” This mare, though wise and learned, was perhaps wiser in knowing that she did not know everything – why else would she always be so thirsty for more knowledge?

“Come to the stream, quench your thirst, and tell me about yourself.” It was a gentle instruction, as Mirage tilted her tiara towards the low stream nearby. It was fuller than usual, full of chilled waters melting from the icy reaches of the northern lands; Mirage supposed that even the Sun God’s wrath could not evaporate all the ice immediately, leaving enough behind to fill the rivers at lower altitudes. Or perhaps, it was merely a gift from the Earth God to his children, to help sustain them through this dreadful mess of a drought. “You are within Helovia, young one. Vast lands that run on a different rhythm to most other realms.” Succinctly she described the lands that had become her home, leaving the statement open for further questions should the maiden have any.

Messages In This Thread
A walk to safety [Kiara] - by Mirage - 06-26-2012, 09:56 PM
RE: A walk to safety [Kiara] - by Kiara - 06-28-2012, 12:26 AM
RE: A walk to safety [Kiara] - by Mirage - 07-03-2012, 06:12 PM
RE: A walk to safety [Kiara] - by Kiara - 07-18-2012, 01:58 AM
RE: A walk to safety [Kiara] - by Mirage - 07-18-2012, 07:42 AM
RE: A walk to safety [Kiara] - by Kiara - 07-18-2012, 05:13 PM
RE: A walk to safety [Kiara] - by Mirage - 07-18-2012, 10:18 PM
RE: A walk to safety [Kiara] - by Kiara - 08-07-2012, 03:09 AM
RE: A walk to safety [Kiara] - by Mirage - 08-12-2012, 07:37 AM
RE: A walk to safety [Kiara] - by Kiara - 08-20-2012, 02:27 AM